Chapter Twenty Nine

Hey everyone! Just letting you know that I start back at college tomorrow, so updates are going to slow but I'm going to try and stay on top of the 'every-few-days' update. Enjoy! Let me know what you think :)

Libby xx

Once Kelly and Greg had left to look at the clearing, Nel finished patching up the Princess. The dark-skinned wolf then shifted into her white-blonde wolf and carried Rebekah back to where she originally parked her car so she could go to her family and emergency for her leg.

While the two of them were gone, Thalia shocked everyone by standing. Her dark eyes were still glazed slightly as she looked at everyone carefully; Lara, Dave, Quentin, Elijah, and then looked at her feet. The Princess of the Wolves then turned her head to the side, showing her neck in submission. Lara gasped at the action and bowed her head while the hunters looked confused at one another.

"I'm sorry." Thalia whispered. "I lost control, I don't remember anything and I'm sorry for those I hurt."

Elijah carefully placed a hand on her shoulder in comfort, before bringing her to his side for a hug. Lara seemed to growl in response.

"You have nothing to apologise for. We all were angry at Raven's words, but in that time no one thought that she might have been remembering what she forgot." Lara spoke but kept her own head low. "So I jumped in and stopped you from killing her, even when you ordered me to move."

Thalia looked up at Lara as Dave cleared his throat. "Even though you stood in front of her, full wolf, and she charged at you and took out your legs, then ripped a huge chunk out of her stomach as she slammed you into a solid oak table?"

Quentin raised his hand. "She then shredded your entire side before Greg stupidly threw a knife at her, and then you jumped up and tackled her when she leapt for him..? You're all good after she almost killed you?"

Both Thalia and Lara locked eyes with a slight blush over their features. The Warrior remembered every moment from the fight, Thalia blinded by anger didn't, but they both knew that she would have been fine. "I've been through worse." Lara merely stated and smiled lightly at the Princess, because of the shredded skin starting from her cheek and ending at the base of her ribs.

"Forgive me, Lara." Thalia pleaded with sorrowful eyes.

Lara nodded and her own dark eyes were seemingly brighter. "I forgive you."

Thalia beamed at Lara's forgiveness. She felt horrible at what had happened; she rarely lost her temper but it was always an explosive reaction. All the events that had happened over the past few months had cracked her – she hadn't meant to take it out on Lara... or Raven.

Dave stood up with a clap of his hands, beaming. He opened his mouth to speak before he halted.

Lara Knight flinched.

Dave clutched his heart, stumbling. Tin rushed to his aid as his legs gave out, and Dave's eyes darted around helplessly. The colour from his cheeks was gone and he desperately clutched Tin's shirt. Elijah let go of Thalia and stepped forward to help his fellow comrade but stopped when Dave started to fumble over his words.

"W-Wh....at?" Dave stuttered and Tin shook him gently.

"What's wrong with him?!" Tin cried as he struggled to sit Dave into Rebekah's former chair. The unstable hunter was shivering as though the cold was in his heart. Elijah and Quentin both crouched at Dave's feet as he spat out random letters and fumbled over his actions. The Leader of the Hunters, Elijah himself, was even puzzled over what was happening to him. It looked like the life was drained out of him.