Chapter Seventeen

6/21

Let me know what you think! I really like this chapter :)

Libby xx

After walking out of the cabin, Raven was watching her feet crunch the leaves beneath her. The cool breeze tickled her arms as she walked through the forest. The new blue shirt hung on her body and the long trousers brushed over her ankles. Her new hair felt different but Raven felt slightly lighter. The knotted red locks were weighing her down before. Taking a deep breath the young wolf set her grey gaze to the trees around her. She couldn't stay in that cabin. While they were talking about her captor and what happened to her; she couldn't be around that. Raven wouldn't be able sit through that discussion.

While in the midst of her thoughts, Raven stumbled across a clearing with a small stream. The area opened up to a large patch of green grass with a tiny river running through. Walking towards the river Raven looked up stream and caught a glimpse of a waterfall in the distance. The young wolf sighed deeply before sitting down on the banks of the river. She placed the tips of her feet into the cool water and let out a breath.

Her grey eyes stared into her reflection in the river. Raven was just breathing. In and out. Attempting to get some peace of mind from her psychotic wolf. The black-furred beast in her mind was standing tall and tense. She was tense and agitated. She wanted to run and destroy the threat chasing her. She wanted to snarl and kill. The golden eyes gleamed as they tried to break out of Raven's body and run. The wolf took a step forward and snarled at Raven. The pulsing echoed in her mind and another headache started to push its way between her eyes. The young red-head started to hyperventilate and her vision to blur. Snarls sounded in her mind as her wolf pressed on.

Raven closed her eyes to the world and blanked her mind. She'd used this trick multiple times during her torture and it always seemed to work. She didn't know where it came from originally but Raven was glad she had this. The young wolf had used this trick when her wolf tried to suffocate her while they were on the journey to the cabin.

After a few deep breaths she listened to her heart. Raven opened her ears and heard the rhythm that echoed in the forest. The chirps of the birds, the rush of the water, the rustle of the leaves... Raven let it seep into her mind. It was so clear it was almost as if she was imagining it.

Raven stood on the banks and took a few steps back and let the song of the forest around her guide her. Her foot stroked along the grass and her arms started to flow. Raven's fingers stretched out as she stood on her tiptoes. Using all the muscle she had, she pushed up in the air and twisted. One leg flicked out and spun her body as she landed on the other foot. Raven used her momentum to let her arms fly out to balance her as she performed a spin on the ground. Grass twisted around her toes as she skipped further down the clearing into another spin.

Raven loved to dance.

Dancing was her escape throughout her torture; again, she didn't know where it came from. Raven hoped it was from before she was taken under the vampire's thumb. Hoped that dancing was something she did as a young wolf pup rather than one as a scarred lab rat. So, with the hope of something other than her nightmares, she relied on dance.

Raven flicked out her leg to gain momentum into her spins, pirouettes being performed on her tiptoes. She spread out her arms and flung herself over the clearing. Her foot ran along the ground and kicked out at the air as her arms followed the wind. Raven went curving her back and flicked out her leg as the wind ran through her short fire curls. A smile went over her face as she danced in the clearing. It was a freedom that Raven desperately craved.