Chapter Seven

Once again, this is the last chapter of the Three Day Upload! Things start to piece together now, so enjoy! There is a bit of gore in this one, but I think you guys can cope.

I will be uploading Monday Australian time this week, (four days away), for some of you it might be a Sunday, but I know I will be uploading on a Monday. Crazy how timezones work, right?! :P

Hope you like it! Let me know what you think :D

Libby xx

The laughter sounded as the man on the gleaming bejewelled chair thought of his plan. It delighted him; knowing that he could exact what he craved for. His hands rested either side of the stained map. It had been torn, burnt and bloodied over the years, but grounds of the palace were lying in front of him. The castle and the surrounding forest   lay before him… ready for the taking. Another sinister grin spread across his sharp face. 
His head snapped up as the smell of his soldiers entered his own castle. The stone walls weren’t nearly as impressive as the Royal Castle, but he still marvelled its architecture. The scents of his men wafted through the doors and the smile on the chiselled face was immediately replaced by an ugly scowl. His thick eyebrows bushed together and his sharp green eyes flared in an emotion he was quite used to. Anger pulsed throughout his body. The huge double doors to the map room opened to reveal his two messengers.
He’d sent them out to rally up his slow team of trackers. They were set to find the pesky princess and her human hunter and the cargo they stole from their hold; the root of all their plans. He’d shoved his best out the doors to track down the six idiots and the expression of fear on their faces told him all he needed.
“Buckannen.” The taller messenger spoke with his monotone voice. “The trackers were slayed by the Princess and the Hunter.”
Buckannen rose tall behind the map table and stared down the petty vampires. “One bitch and one human pest took down….” He stalled, “six full-grown vampires?!”
The Head Vampire’s hiss echoed throughout the hall. The other vampires resting within the darkness of the castle bristled at the anger but didn’t dare make a move. The messengers were dead as soon as they stepped into their master’s room without the cargo.
“Yes Master.” The shorter, plumper vampire spoke, keeping his black gaze focused straight ahead. The taller one copied his short companion. They didn’t want to die today.
Buckannen slowly moved around the table, slithering like a snake ready to strike. His dark gaze didn’t waver as he stared down the two messengers.
“And what of the cargo?” Buckannen whispered as he towered over them. The two tried to hide their fear, but the Head Vampire saw through their façade. It scurried about in the depths of their eyes.
What of the cargo?” Buckannen repeated, his tone darkening. The threat of death did not need to be said, it was always a factor with the Master of the Night. The rumour was that he once killed twenty-five humans when the Lord of the Wolves called his bluff in a hostage situation. The truth behind that was his menacing gleam of green was the last thing you saw before he shut your lights out and enveloped you in the darkness for life.
“Master, the cargo is still with the Princess and the Hunter.” The plump one pooped out, his fear getting the better of him. Buckannen was about to unleash is verbal wrath upon the messengers but the tall one quickly spoke up.
“The cargo is still alive, but when we arrived at the ambush site, we noticed that there was body shapes on the ground. She’s weak, can’t shift, and keeps falling unconscious.” He reported, quickly glaring at his plump friend.
Buckannen thought this over. “You’re suggesting Plan B.” He eventually said after a pregnant pause. It was so tense that it seemed dropping a pin would resemble arming a bomb at the Master’s feet.
“Yes Master.” The tall one suggested again. “I think it would be wise to wait until she is stronger before we put her into o…your plan.”
The tall messenger seemed to flinch, a knowing sigh coming from his body. The plump lad trembled with the same realisation. He’s going to die.
Buckannen raised an eyebrow at his words before standing directly in front of him, the messenger having no choice but to look into his blazing green eyes. They stared him down, giving the confirmation he needed of his fate.
“Your opinion isn’t needed, vermin.” The Head Vampire spat at his feet, glaring at him with the darkness of the night. “And neither is your life.”
As quick as a lightning strike, the Vampire Leader clashed his hands on either side of the tall vermin’s head. His eyes widened in fright, but part of him accepted his fate. It was what happened when you opened your mouth and unwanted words were heard. Buckannen pressed harder and harder against his skull before it became putty in his fingers. The remnants of his head flew over the Master’s face, hands, and his stone walls.

Well, it adds some colour.

Buckannen wiped his hands on the plump messengers’ coat, feeling his fear crawling under his skin. Not bothering with killing another messenger, he strode over to his map table. His bloody fingers stroked the map of the Royal land. The red liquid danced over his pale hands, glinting at him with another plan.
“Inform the others that we set forth at first dusk.” Buckannen ordered, staring at the map intently. He could hear Plump Boy release a breath and relax slightly. “We carry out Plan B.”
“Master?” He asked, immediately stiffening and standing at attention when his Master’s gaze snapped around to him.
“Did you not hear?” He snarled. “Get all the vamps ready. We leave the fortress at dusk, and set forth with the back-up plan. We wait until our Reaper is strong enough before we break her again.”
Plump Boy frowned slightly at the order, but nonetheless, ran quickly out of there. Buckannen heard him shouting at everyone in alarmed tones, another sadistic smile coming across his face. While it was not originally his idea to set forth into Plan B, it was a good idea. There was nothing they could do without the Reaper. It would be easy to walk in while the Princess and the Hunter were sleeping and snatch what belonged to him, but then she wouldn’t co-operate. The pesky tall vermin was right; she was weak.

They needed their reaper strong.

She was one of the few things in the world that could take out a Priestess of the Moon. Queen Seraphina Maude Moon; the last Lady of the Wolves. Reaper could take her out; and Buckannen needed her strong to do so.

His laughter sounded once again as he imagined the Queen bowing at his feet, her heart ripped out by his Reaper before he snapped her neck.

Just like she snapped his daughter’s.  

Now let's see how many people figure out who Buckannen is ;)