Chapter Sixteen

5/21

Enjoy!

Libby xx

The villain himself was sitting down on a luxurious leather sofa staring at the blueprints for the Royal Wolves' Castle. He was smirking to himself as he memorised each passage and walkway. Picking up different pens and highlighters, he marked where the guards were stationed and where he needed to go. The light yellow traced from the point of entrance to the designated room. An evil smile slipped onto his face. Buchannan's plan was coming together so easily. He could taste his vengeance.

"Master?" One of his minions asked as they entered with a wave of his hand. They'd been standing there patiently for over five hours but he'd been smiling over the stained piece of map and paid no attention to them.

The Master of the Vampires raised his piercing stare to the three minions waiting in front of him. He leaned back on the sofa and stared at his peasants with a sense of power wafting off him. He flashed his fangs in greeting and waved for them to talk. The plump minion was among the three standing before him, still attempting not to look nervous.

"Master, we have been patient and we always will be as we are your minions. We are prepared to follow you wherever you go, but where will you go? Are we worthy to know the next step of your plan so we many prepare?" The plump vampire spoke, like his two companions next to him, he looked straight ahead and not in the eye of his master.

Buchannan raised an eyebrow at the formal declaration before he stood. Walking like a predator in his home territory, he walked over to the edge of the room and opened a steel case. The three minions were surprised at his actions; that he actually listened to his minions for once. However when the Master of the Vampires drew out a dagger from the case, the thoughts of kindness that were once in their minds quickly flew out the window and was replaced with fear. The green eyes of the monster gleamed as the dagger shone in the moonlight.

"Do you know what this is?" Buchannan asked, lifting the dagger to eye-level. The dagger itself was unlike anything they had seen. It had a silver hilt with intricate designs around the grip. The hilt around the blade spread out in a circle that glinted in the light. The blade itself was not of steel or silver but appeared to be of a glowing opaque stone that was carved to a point. The slight curve to it added a sense of sleekness to the deadly weapon. While it looked pretty, it was certainly capable of cutting out someone's heart.

The minions didn't know about the blade itself so they stayed silent. Buchannan looked between the three of his minions before delicately holding the blade in his two hands. He stared down at the magnificent weapon.

"This is known as the Ray of the Moon." Buchannan told, looking at his peasants through his thick brows. "Very few people know of this dagger and those that do tell no one."

The minions gulped as they saw the Ray sparkling at them as though beckoning to be imbedded into their sides.

"It was made from moonstone and silver in the Mountains of the Moon in Africa; a beacon for the Moon Goddess. A holy place for her Priests and Priestesses." The Vampire Master twirled the dagger in his hands and smiled at it in his hands.

"The dagger also happens to be the only thing that can kill her only followers." He announced and held it up to the moon above them. "The dagger was intrusted to Lord Alastair; the one thing that could kill him became his best friend in battle. When we had Seraphina in our grasps and Lord Alastair built up his trusted army, we cut them down like weeds."