Chapter Eight

Hey again! Sorry for the wait; I just started college and I may or may not have briefly forgot my upload... Oops? Hope you enjoy!

As always, let me know what you think :D

Libby xx

Raven was in front of Thalia and Elijah, clutching her arms in some sort of comfort. The Princess was plagued with guilt and worried for the young red-head. Ever since Meredith’s name had been mentioned Raven had sheltered her thoughts. The brunette frowned.
“Are you thinking what I am?” She whispered to Elijah as he walked next to her. He too was frowning at the young girl ahead of them.
“That she had a personal visit from our dead vampire? Yes.” The hunter spat, glaring at the trees around them as they weaved their way through the tackling trunks.
“Meredith died over one year ago.” Thalia spoke, putting pieces together in her mind. “So who was torturing her?”
“Do I look like I know the name of every vampire in the world Thalia!?” Elijah shouted, but brought it down to a whisper when he caught Raven flinching in the corner of his flaming green eyes. “No Hunter knows every Vampire in the world.”
Don’t raise your voice at me you arrogant twat.” Thalia snarled, glaring him down. Elijah hesitated with his vulgar response before seeing not only the anger in her eyes but also the worry and sorrow. Making the wise decision he backed down.
“I’m sorry…” He slowly spoke, the word sounding foreign on his tongue. “I’m just angry of what Raven has been though. She’s young, doesn’t deserve this.”
Thalia almost choked on shock. He’s apologising?! She stared at her mate with wide eyes and jaw dropped. She saw the slight blush on Elijah’s cheeks but still she didn’t move her face. The Elijah she was mated to was not the type to back down from a fight, would never give up on a spat. This new Elijah though… she kind of liked more. The one that listened and actually thought about what to say.
“Who are you and what have you done with my mate?!” Thalia accused, but a small smile played on her peach lips. Elijah playfully glared at her before checking on the surroundings again. The Princess laughed at his glare, not noticing the loving look and smile Elijah gave her. When she finished her laugh the smile was hidden behind a guarded grimace as they passed a wad of manure from some unknown animal.
“Wild wolf.” Thalia stated, catching the smell. Being in the good mood she was, the Royal slipped him a small secret. “Did you know about our connection to the wild wolves?”
The Hunter Leader frowned, looking at Thalia curiously before she spilled on her tale. “Usually, we use the wild wolves as spies, to give us some information on scent surrounding a target or when they’re moving. You hunters never shot the pure wolves, they weren’t werewolves so they could always slip past you’re radar.”
Elijah suddenly stopped, processing this information. Thalia didn't notice his halt for a while, her one-side conversation continuing before she frowned at his lack of presence.
"It's crazy; you hunters just let the wild ones pass right under your nose! Like they're invisible....Elijah?" Thalia stopped as well and watched as her mate's dark green eyes darted back and forth on the foliage on the floor. Pausing, his eyes snapped up and stared at the walking figure in front of them. Raven's read hair swung in a single thick knot as she walked aimlessly towards the direction that Elijah had pointed at previously. Her grey eyes warily darted back and forth, searching for some evidence that would cause her to run in the opposite direction. Raven was only just sane, the laughter of her captor haunting her quietly.
Elijah looked from the back of the red-haired girl and into the eyes of his mate. Her lips pursed in worry but she was in a stance ready to fight. Looking between each of her eyes, he leaned in slightly.

“Do you believe that Raven is telling the truth?” Elijah asked, quieting his voice to barely a whisper.