𝟏. 𝑨𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒐𝒍𝒅

Ketterdam, Island of Kerch

Loud chattering is heard all around the room. People gambling in hopes to earn some money. Tough times we live in, when the most easiest way to grab a coin is engaging in crime or loosing your life doing so.  With my time spent here, you grow to ignore it. With my feet on the table in my dark robe and knee high, leather boots, I listen to Jesper and his idiocracy, always showing off.

"Come on, come on!" a woman keeps repeating.

"Yes! I love it!" the gambler cheers with a bright smile on his face, gathering his coins.
My eyes keep moving back and forth between the person speaking and watching every move they make, unbothered.

"Darling, please! Drinks here! Drinks all round here, please!" the gambler shouted, taking a shot of his drink, tossing a bag of coins to a man.

"Hey, you take Zemeni coin, yes?"  he asked the man that caught the bag.

"Let me see that." I turned my head to the voice. Jesper, that is leaning against his seat, with the bottom of his shoe pressing against the table, in a chill pose, wanted to take a look at those coins.

The man took a coin out and threw it to Jesper, who caught it smoothly without a single facial expression. Jesper slowly put his foot down and leans forward to the table looking at the coin.

"The Lucky Nine casino up the block has had trouble with counterfeit coin lately.
Heavy, but brittle." he flips the coin and looks at the gambler sitting in front of him with an unamused stare.

"Oh, come on, now. I've been here for hours!
My money is good, no?" the gambler complained, even looking my way but only met dark, black, unamused eyes staring back at him.

With a quick exchange of looks between Jesper and I, I rose from my seat and walked around the table. This man is full of bullshit. And we see right through him.

"Zemeni coin can take a bullet." Jesper smirks. "But the knockoff..." he pushed his chair behind, grabbing for his gun in a swift movement, when he threw the coin in the air and put a bullet right through it. The coin falls with still smoke surrounding it, right back on the table, with the bullet hole in it.

"Busted." Jesper said, looking at the coin, twirling his gun in his hand and leaning back.

I watched carefully and found myself smirking. I indeed found this amusing. Jesper had enormous talent revealing frauds, yet he has a tendency of showing off his sharpshooting skills. He is, however, fun to be around. I look to some other Buffy man standing in the corner and signal them with my hand to come over to the table and they instantly made their way to us.

"What does that prove?" the gambler questioned but the men I called over are already grabbing him from each sides and pull him off the chair.

"Hey! Wait! What are you doing?" the gambler complained and shouted. "Get off me!" he tried to free himself from their grip but they have already taken him away.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms in front of my chest, raising an eyebrow at Jesper.
"Kaz will not be happy with this Jesper."

"Oh come on. He was a fraud and I revealed him!" he grabs and gathers the coins from the table, seemingly proud of his achievement.

I look over and see Kaz approach, looking back at Jesper, I shrug and smirk, whispering.
"Don't say I didn't warn you." with a smile I walk off. Greeting Kaz with a nod after I walk past him.

Kaz slams his walking stick on the table, stopping Jesper from grabbing the money.
Jesper instantly retracted his hands off the table.

"No loud noises at the table, Jesper." Kaz was not amused. He was rather stern or annoyed most of the time. Grabbing the head of his walking stick, he tilts his head at Jesper.