𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓

I wanna take you somewhere so you know I care
But it's so cold and I don't know where
I brought you daffodils in a pretty string
But they won't flower like they did last spring
And I wanna kiss you, make you feel alright
I'm just so tired to share my nights
I wanna cry and I wanna love
But all my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up, up
And if somebody hurts you, I wanna fight
But my hand's been broken one too many times
So I'll use my voice, I'll be so fucking rude
Words, they always win, but I know I'll lose
And I'd sing a song that'd be just ours
But I sang 'em all to another heart
And I wanna cry, I wanna learn to love
But all my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up, up
Oh, need a love, now
My heart is thinking of
I wanna sing a song that'd be just ours
But I sang 'em all to another heart
And I wanna cry, I wanna fall in love
But all my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up, up

Outside the Shadow Fold

Thunder rumbled through the Shadow Fold. Heavy, slow footsteps dragging themselves along, stepping out the shadows. He fell on one knee, holding his right side with his left hand and a fist buried into the sand. A few strands of his dark hair swayed over his dirty face when his empty expression faced the ground before him. He took a moment in the silence. There was a nasty scar along his face, over his left eye and his face, beard and black Kefta covered in dirt from the struggles in battle. He was weakened. Filled with silent rage but his eyes did the talking.

Aleksander gathered his strength, standing up from the ground. But he did not slouch. No, he stood straight as a soldier, taking in heavy breaths, clenching his jaw muscles. He was defeated. He glared in the distance. He was restless inside of him, filled with anger. He knew she will betray him. He told her that. He was prepared and yet, he was not. His heart ached in his chest. It clenched itself so violently that he felt the heartbreak of her. The one he caused her. Secretly he had wished they would not part. But his hunger for power, all he ever knew and thrived on, was more comforting then knowing his heart was caught by another. He was thinking. Thinking of her.

Something rustled inside his Kefta when he moved slightly. He looked down on his chest, finding a little tip of a paper peeking out. He narrowed his eyebrows slightly as he lifted his right hand slowly, reaching for it. His two fingers got a hold placed gently in between the soft, dirty paper as he slowly took it out. He let go of his side, looking at the paper, wondering where it came from. He took it in both hands, holding it gently as if it was fragile, the paper rustled when he opened it. His eyes wandered across it. He did not want to read it, he had a bad feeling about it. He took a shaky breath in, adjusting the paper in his grasp as he began silently reading.

I didn't intend to be your enemy. Oh for I recall how my heart ached for your love. How I spent sleepless nights, wandering through the halls, when I saw you in the moonlight of your dark room.
Remember when I created the little galaxy in your room? In that moment my whole galaxy was you.

Oh my moon, oh my starless one, oh my saint, I've dreamed of a future where we have not to fight for our lives anymore. Where I could bear our children and teach them our history.