𝟖.𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒚𝒔𝒕 & 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒌..

The sound of paper being moved around slowly woke me up from my slumber

The sound of paper being moved around slowly woke me up from my slumber. My head is pulsing with pressure as I grunt, moving my head to the side. It took me a while to realize that I am not in my bed and I instantly lift my upper body up, opening my eyes in panic. I scan the unfamiliar room as I slowly rise up from the bed and walk silently to the room in which I hear the paper move. I place my hand on the door frame and see General Kirigan standing behind his desk, going over some papers.

"Welcome back to the waking world, sleeping beauty." General Kirigan said without even looking at me, placing a paper back on his desk.

I startled a little, watching him closely. "What happened..?" I asked.

"Well," he sighs. "looks like your power has exhausted you immensely and you simply passed out." he informed and took a quick look at me.

"How long have I been out..?" I asked, taking a few steps inside the room he is standing in and stood across from him.

He looks up at me and puts his paper down, leaning on his desk. "A couple of hours. I carried you to my bedroom to rest."

"You carried me?" I asked abruptly.

"Would you rather I leave you on the ground?" he retorted and I didn't say a word. "Are you well rested?" he asked.

"Besides my head bloody killing me, I'm fine." I said as I place a hand on my head and sighing.

"Well, I wish I could let you rest more but we have somewhere to be." he said and arranged his paperwork.

"Where?" I asked in confusion.

He takes a look at me before continuing organizing his desk. "Patience, my dear Raven."

I sigh annoyed and roll my head. Why always this secrecy? Is it so hard to tell where we're going?

"Now, you might want to put something on. It will get cold." he interrupted my thought process.

I shifted my gaze back at him. "Well, I don't have anything at hand." I scoffed.

He walks to his bedroom and I leaned over slowly, trying to see what he is doing but stood back right into my place when he came out, holding a black coat of his in his hands. "Come here." he said, while unfolding it and holding it up.

I muster him up and down, unsure, I slowly made my way to him and turned my back. He helped me put it on and I startled for a second when I felt his hands on my shoulders. He walks past me and made his way to the door.

He stops and turns to me, holding his arm out towards the door, signaling me to come along. "After you."

I turn my head to a mirror, looking at myself with my dark blue Kefta and his black coat on me. It was way too big for me, loose on the sleeves, a bit hanging. I turned my gaze to him and started to walk out, him following right behind.