𝟐. 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝑰𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆

"So." Kaz leaned on his desk and looks at all of us standing. "Here's the deal. We interrogate a few people I heard about successfully bringing people through the Fold."

I scoff as a side smirk forms on my lips. "We will hardly get anything out of them." I felt Inej and Jespers gazes turning to me.

Kaz was piercing with his eyes right through me, lowers his head and sighs. "I know I haven't made much use of you Raven. But now I ask you to let the set of skills you possess loose." he looked back up at me and I smiled. Finally I will be of use and get in action.

"So? When do we start boss?" I smirked.

"Right away." he started gathering things he needed and grabbed his coat to put on.

Inej and Jesper were preparing themselves and their weapons as well, making sure everything is there and fastened on them.
I grabbed my black leather gloves that are cut on the fingers open and put them on as well as few more blades of mine that I place around the belts around my waist and put my black cloak on. I am so ready for action.

We walked the streets with Kaz leading us to our first destination. Soon we found ourselves in an office of a woman.

"Tell us how to safely cross the Fold." Kaz asked the woman sitting behind her desk with a cigarette in her hand.

"The Fold?" the woman questioned.
"If I knew safe passage through that, I'd be wealthier than the whole Merchant Council." she retorted.

"You told me you brought in girls from Os Alta. The other side." Inej said. She was standing in front of us. Kaz was to my right and Jesper to my left. I was in the middle, looking the woman up and down.

"Yeah. The hard way. Lost a few to those damn volcra, too." she replied and I could sense some sort of fear when mentioning the Volcras.

I turned to Kaz and whispered to him. "What are Volcras?"

He whispered back. "Dark monster like creatures that eat you alive. They reside in the Fold."

I nodded and sighed. I suddenly felt an unsettling feeling and soon we found ourselves roaming the streets of Ketterdam again. Now we were questioning a man in a dark alley. Him and Jesper were squatting down, while the rest of us stood behind.

"Nah, there's no trick to it except how it makes people disappear from time to time." the man answered.

"I heard you bragging of a way to make a path." Jesper questioned him.

"I was taking kruge from a tourist. A little lie." he justified himself. I caught myself, Inej and Kaz sighing out. We clearly feel as if we aren't getting any closer or getting anywhere at all.

"The Fold keeps those Ravkan bastards and their Grisha attack dogs in check.
Can you imagine how dangerous it would be if it wasn't there?" the man asked us.

"Or how many people fear to cross it to remotely be able see their families." I added and they all looked at me. "What?" I shrugged. "It's not like I'm wrong."

They all shook their heads at me and the man looked confused at me. Jesper got up and we made our way to the next destination. Now we landed what appears to be a fighting club and found the person we were looking for.

"Just go around." the fighter replied to us sitting on a barrel and wrapping bandages around his hand.

"It stretches all the way north to the Fjerdan border." Kaz that was sitting across from him replied. With hands on the top of his walking stick.

"Ja. So go to Fjerda. March through the permafrost." the fighter replied to us again, looking quickly up to us then back to his bandages.

"How long would that take?" I asked, standing behind Kaz.