08

"I can't believe this! I can't believe this! No! My baby. . .my baby is not dead."

"We're so sorry." The nurse said, her voice heavy with grief.

"NO! Stop lying to me."

"My baby, my child is not dead. It can't be. My baby!" Pariston cried, falling onto the hospital floor.

"I-I . . .my baby." he cried, hugging the undeveloped fetus wrapped in a white towel.

"Sir, please control yourself." the nurse said, gently scooping the towel out of his hand.

"Do you want us to wait for your wife? It might be easy for her to accept it if she sees the dead baby." the nurse shrugs.

Pariston sobs, wiping his tears as he shakes his head. "No, she'll break even more." he whispers, dramatically.

The nurse nods, as she walks away with it. Pariston looks at her retreating figure, tears pouring from his eyes, enough to convince anyone that he is a grieving father.

"I'm so sorry to ask this at this moment sir, but there are bruises on Mrs. Hemsworth. How did this happen?" the officer questions, kneeling near him.

"She fell down the stairs. I had a bad migraine so I took some pills and went to sleep. I'll never forgive myself for that." he sobs.

"The bruises?"

"We have an interesting sex life." he shrugs.

"Sir, the-"

"Officer, I'm in a lot of pain right now. I have just lost my child, my wife's condition is critical, and I'm the only one to be blamed for that. Can we have this talk later?" Pariston questions, giving her a sad look.

"Sure, sir." she stands up, walking away from him.

Pariston sniffles sadly, wiping his tears. He places his head against the wall, sobbing softly. He spends a couple hours pretending to be heartbroken and innocent until a series of bloodcurling screams erupt from Amber's room.

Pariston jerks up from the bench, sleep draining from his senses when he hears Amber screaming.

"Fuck, she's awake." He groans, rubbing his sleepy face.

He stands up, picking his blazer before running into her room. She was on the bed, with wires attached to her as she screamed and thrashed.

Her hair was a mess, her face was pink and blotchy and her eyes were puffy from crying so long.

"Where is my baby?" Amber screamed, hugging her flat belly.

"Where is my son? Where did he go?" She screamed, running her shaky hands over her belly.

"You took my baby?" She glared at the nurse in front of her.

"Give him back! Give my baby back! He doesn't like being without me. Give him back, he only sleeps when I sing to him. Give me my baby back!" She wails.

"Mrs. Hemsworth please calm down." The nurse tries to comfort her.

"Bring me my baby. Where did it go?" She screams, pushing the nurse away.

"Amber." Pariston says, as he steps in.

Amber's face falls when she sees him. She slowly shifts away from him on the bed, as her hands protectively fall on her belly.

"Don't. . . Don't come near me!" She screams, when he steps forward.

"My wife is in shock, I'll comfort her." He turns to the nurses. They give him sad smiles before walking out of the room.