44

-Trigger Warning Babes-

-Two Weeks Later-

"Why won't she talk to me?"  

"I don't know, Pariston! She just doesn't want to see you." Matteo Bianchi sighs on the other side of the call. 

"She wanted time, I gave her fucking time, Matteo. But I need them . . . I love them. It hurts my heart to see them but not being able to be near them." 

"I tried talking to her but you know how stubborn she is." 

I close my eyes, feeling my heart throb in pain with each beat. Don't do this to me, Sloan. You're killing me, my love. 

"You know what, we're having breakfast today with the Knights in celebration of the wedding date being fixed two weeks from now. Why don't you join us? You can have a chance to talk to Sloan." 

"Yes! Yes, I'll be there." I nearly scream, jumping out of my chair. 

I'm dying to see Sloan and my baby Ayvah. 

"Just don't bring Amber. She'll ruin Sloan's mood. And the way Arles drools over her, she'll fuck up Rose's life too in no time." 

"Don't worry about that. I'll be there," I mumble, setting the phone down. 

I feel an uncontrollable smile on my face as I stand up and march around the room, the thought of meeting Sloan and Ayvah after so long just fills my heart with joy. 

The thought of seeing their smiling faces again brings a smile to my own. There's a warmth in my chest, a sense of comfort in knowing that I'll soon be with my family. 

Picking up the ton of bags I had kept in my office filled with gifts for Ayvah and Sloan, I stroll out of my room. A maid who was cleaning the floor catches my attention, I throw the bags at her. 

"Put them in my car." Snapping, I walk upstairs to my bedroom which is prohibited for the maids. 

I peek into Aeros' nursery to see him sound asleep. His room was empty, not a single toy in sight, but Ayvah was getting nearly a toy factory from me today. Ignoring the sudden punch in my gut at this thought, I shut the door, strolling to my room. 

I scrunch my nose in disgust when two men walk out of the door, with big grins on their faces. 

"Pariston! My man." Scott laughs, placing his hand on my shoulder. 

"Hi." I nod at him and Ethan. 

"She was amazing, dude! You're a lucky man." Ethan gives me a huge grin.