12

"Your wife is pregnant."

"What?" Pariston stepped out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Amber is pregnant . . .again." Mrs. Hemsworth sighs.

"How are you so sure? She just had a miscarriage a few weeks ago." Pariston grumbles.

"She took a few fertility tests last week because I wanted to know if she's still fertile or not, the results just came in. That's why I was upset about her drinking." She says.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Pariston sighs, clenching his jaw. 

"Are you going to tell her?" She asks after a few minutes.

"What? No! Absolutely not." Pariston growls.

"Why?"

"Her sanity is literally hanging by a thread. She will not take this news well. We have to give her time before we break this news to her." He says, running his fingers through his hair, with a frustrated sigh.

"She will notice it herself, son." Mrs. Hemsworth shakes her head.

"She hasn't till now. She won't notice it for a few more weeks. I'll figure somethi-" He trails away as his eyes go wide.

"Pariston. Pariston!" His mother grabs his shoulder, giving him a shake.

He stands there silently for almost a few minutes before realization dawns on him.

"Fuck!" He growls rushing back into the room.

"What's wrong?" His mother questions, running after him.

"She bled in the car when I. . ." He trails off, lifting the covers from her.

The sight of blood between her legs felt like a bucket of cold water on him.

"Oh my god!" His mother exclaims.

"Amber! Amber." He whispers, patting her cheeks.

She didn't answer him, nor did she open her eyes. Instead she lay in his arms, cold and limp.  Wrapping her in the covers, he scoops her up, running out of the room.

"Paris! Calm down." His mother screams, running after him.

-♡-

The beeping sound added up like a pile, heading towards the outburst of anger. Pariston clenched his fists, slowly rocking himself back and forth on the chair as he looked at a very pale Amber lying on the bed.

"Your wife has suffered from a miscarriage, sir."

He felt the words burnt into his ears, taunting his heart and haunting his pride.

"Its because of the alcohol, right? I knew this girl didn't care about anyone but herself. Look where she got us. She killed my grand baby, she is jus-" Mrs. Hemsworth screams, going on a fit of rage.

"The alcohol didn't cause the miscarriage, madam. It was a hard impact on the abdomen and inconsiderate sexual penetration. Stress and depression have also played equal roles in it. Are you beating your wife up, Mr. Hemsworth?" The doctor asks, looking down at Paris.

"Does it look like any of your business, young man? Do your job before I find a replacement." Pariston's father jumped into the conversation.

"Sir, according to the reports, Mrs. Amber Hemsworth's body is not capable of carrying a child. We have talked about this to Mr. Hemsworth during her first pregnancy. Giving birth to a child can be extremely fatal for her. Especially now, after her harsh miscarriage in her first pregnancy. I don't think it's safe for her to get pregnant again."