25

"Are you alright, love?" I question Amber as we walk down the stairs

Her eyes were puffy, her face looked blotched, but she still looked so stinking cute. She still had my shirt and sweats on and looked tiny in them. Amber has collected herself after a few hours of crying. She will recover eventually, I know. 

"Your brothers hate me." She whispers.

"They don't hate you, darling. Ambrose has really made a lot of sacrifices for me, and for all I've lived, I've lived for him. Everything I've done is to please he, and he has always had high expectations from me. He will adjust soon, don't worry." I say, threading my fingers with her, leading her to the dining room. 

"If you ever need something and I'm not around, ask Archer or William. They will always help you. Don't ask Alex, his brain is in his feet. Ambrose is deathly allergic to human emotions, so he most probably won't understand what you're asking. And you know how much James loves you." I smile as she chuckles. 

"You love your brothers a lot?" she questions, her voice hoarse. 

"My brothers are my pride, and I am theirs's." I nod. 

"Must be nice to have someone love you." I hear her whisper under her breath. 

I pull her hand, yanking her into my arms as she gasps. 

"Miss Amber, the only day you won't have someone loving you will be the day I'm dead." I say, nuzzling my nose against her cheeks. 

"Even if I hurt you?" she whispers. 

"Why would you hurt me?" I question, looking up at her but her eyes were closed. 

"I hurt everyone around me. I hurt my uncle, I hurt my sister, I hurt my husband, I hurt my babies, and now, I'm destroying your relationship with your brothers." she whispers as a tear slips down her cheek. 

I wipe it away with my thumb, feeling her warm breath against my face. I think we still have a lot to discuss yet. 

"Don't go too hard on yourself, my little darling. Our relationship isn't damaged at all. If you ever see us screaming our lungs out and pointing guns at each other, just know we're having a normal conversation. That's how we speak." I say, earning another stifled giggle from her. 

"Let's go. The men in this house aren't the most patient when it comes to food." I chuckle, leading her to the dining room. 

Ambrose, Archer, Alex and William were already there, screaming about a piece of chicken. Amber's hold on my hand tightens when she sees them all giving each other death stares just for some chicken. I've strictly banned James tonight, I know he makes her uncomfortable and spews shit about her to Ambrose. 

"Guys. Guys!" I growl, putting their argument to an end. 

They all sit back into their seats like civilized people. Ambrose was sitting at the head of the table, with the other three on one side. So, I pull out a chair for Amber opposite to them. I sit beside Ambrose, holding her hand under the table to calm her down.