Chapter 15 - Loni

Loni

I can't even think straight. Probably because I didn't get an ounce of sleep last night. There was so much built-up sexual tension lingering between my thighs that I couldn't close my eyes. Mainly because every time I did, I was so tempted to touch myself.

From the feeling of his hand on my thigh. Marcus's, not Jace's.

His chest brushing against mine. Marcus's. Not Jace's... Even though that never even happened with Marcus.

Fuck. I can't even focus on running right now. My feet tangle together and every step gets me dangerously close to face planting.

I can't let this happen to me. I need to be selfish. I need to only think about what I want between my legs. Not what I want in my heart. Even though Jace is the only person I picture doing both of those things right now.

No. I can't think this way. I need to forget about Jace Maxwell altogether. Even if that means quitting the volleyball team. I don't care. He's going to ruin everything.

I stop jogging to catch my breath under a shaded tree. And as I do, my phone vibrated in the pocket of my leggings. I retrieve it and a text from Jace pops up.

JACE: Are U going on another "date" tonight?

ME: Seriously how the fuck did u get my number?

JACE: I got your # from Coach Carr.

JACE: So another date tonight?

ME: Why the hell would coach give you my number! This is a total invasion of my privacy

JACE: if ur not going on a date tonight, my buddy Asher is having a party at his place. U should come.

Why the hell am I even entertaining him right now?

I don't answer. I lock my phone and shove it back into my pocket. What is wrong with this guy? And why the hell did Coach give him my number.

Before I take off running again, my phone vibrates. But it doesn't stop. I pull it out of my pocket. He's fucking calling me. I don't want to answer but on impulse, I slide my thumb across the screen.

"What?" I bark into the speaker.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He says. I can tell he's grinning on the other side of the phone.

"I think you have reached stalker level now... You know what, no, you reached completely psychotic when you broke into my car last night." 

He laughs and I clench my hand so tight around the phone I swear it might break. But not because I'm mad at him. It's because I'm trying to distract myself from the heat growing between my legs at the sound of his laughter.

"Oh come on, Loni, I was just having a little fun. You didn't want to fuck that guy."

"No? And why not?"

"He was giving major little dick energy. What guy wears a puka shell necklace on a date? I'll tell you, one with a very small—"

"You are out of your mind," I snarl.

"Maybe so. But you didn't answer my earlier question. Wanna go to a party tonight?"

"I already have plans."

"Another date?" His tone sounds annoyed like I've hit some kind of nerve.

"It's honestly none of your business. Please just leave me alone."

He lets out a sinister laugh. "I think we have both established that I won't be leaving you alone."

Without another word, the line goes dead. I should honestly be a little creeped out, but I'm not. My legs practically buckle under me as the heat between my legs creeps up to my core.