Chapter 35 - Loni

Loni

I swear, Jace and I have probably broken world records with how much sex we are having. But we can't get enough of each other. He's all I think about now. And when October rolls around, nothing has changed. But, part of me wants it to.

I know I should be sticking to my plan, but casual sex isn't enough for me anymore. He comes to my place, I go to his, and it's great. But I want more. I want excitement. I want another night like the time we almost fucked on the balcony of the mansion. I hate to admit it, but I think I want some strings.

It's like Jace reads my mind because a text from him flashes across my phone screen.

JACE: Halloween party tonight. You better come.

I don't even hesitate.

ME: I'll be there!

Jace and I are friends. We've established that. I've been sticking to my rules. I've gone out to bars with Hadley a couple of times and flirted innocently with a few men. Anytime they offered to take me to their place, I turned them down. I don't know if that was the right move. Maybe I should have a little one-night stand with a random guy. Only thing is, I don't want to.

The only man I want to have sex with is Jace. The only man I want to think about is Jace.

He picks me up for the Halloween party in his truck wearing a black suit and red devil horns on his head. He has smokey black makeup around his eyes and I swear I've never seen a man look so sexy in my life.

"Wow," I say on a breath. Blushing when I realize I said that out loud.

Jace laughs. "You look cute." He motions to the cheerleader outfit I'm wearing.

"It's cheesy, I know." I roll my eyes, closing the car door. "Hadley lent it to me. Tonight was so last minute, I had nothing to wear."

"I think it's hot," he smirks, driving out of the complex.

The sky is completely dark and there's not a star in sight because of the thick dark clouds hanging heavily above. But it's cool out. Not as humid as most nights. Being here with Jace honestly makes it better.

He shoots me a quick glance. "I've always wanted to have sex with a cheerleader."

I snort and laugh, biting my lip quickly because the thought of the roleplaying foreplay honestly gets me wet. "I guess it's your lucky night. Because I made a deal with the devil."

We end up at the Phi Beta frat house which is definitely the place to be tonight. The brothers hired a DJ and there are probably a hundred people here. The house is off campus because they are a newer fraternity so they have a huge pool in the backyard. I can't even call it a house. It's a freaking mansion. It looks like a huge cabin plucked out of some woodsy town and placed in Florida. 

I told Jace that he doesn't need to hang with me all night, but I'm the one that's choosing to be glued to his side and I don't plan on leaving him anytime soon.

His hand is on the small of my back, guiding me through the house until we reach his friends.

"Loni," Kaden greets me with a hug.

"I got you guys some drinks," Asher hands us a couple of beers.

"Where's Ty?" Jace asks after taking a long pull of his drink.

Kaden rolls his eyes and scoffs. "Where do you think?"

"He and Valerie were going at it when I left the apartment," Asher responds nonchalantly like this is a normal occurrence for the two of them.