Chapter 24 - Jace

Jace

"Where the hell did you take us, Asher?" Kaden whines as soon as we walk inside.

"This is the hottest karaoke bar in town," Asher says, leading us to the bar in the middle of the room.

There's a stage on the other end of the bar where a man and woman are completely butchering Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On".

"Plus, tonight is ladies' night. Girls get in for free on Fridays. Which means a whole lot of talented pussy to go around."

"You call that talent?" Tyler motions towards the stage where a new girl has walked up and is attempting to twerk.

"Don't be judgmental. Talented or not, pussy is pussy. And I intend to get some tonight. And I intend to get some for Jace too." Asher slings his arms over my shoulders.

The task of getting with a girl tonight would be easy. Easy if I didn't have Loni on my mind right now.

"Are you ready for that?" Tyler asks me with a pointed look, taking a sip of the beer he just ordered. "Or are you still hung up on Loni?"

It's not usually like me to talk about girls with my friends. I mean I've told them about some random hookups, but never about a single girl. Except for Loni.

Most of the time, I went to Tyler. I needed to see if he knew anything about her. I needed to know if Hadley mentioned anything to him about anymore or her "dates". But he always says his sister never really tells him anything.

Tyler did try to ask Hadley about Loni once. The only information he got was that she's been super busy working on some class project.

I've seen Loni at practice, but she avoids me at all costs. And I don't push her either. It's been over a week since I stopped cock-blocking her. I can't risk getting kicked off of the baseball team. Even though, deep down, I know Loni would never do that to me. But also, it's not even about that.

After paying that guy to spill drinks on her at the bar, I felt guilty. Childish, really. Loni deserves to be happy. Even if I don't agree with her methods.

She tries to be tough, but I can see right through that barrier she puts up.

"Just not feeling it tonight," I respond to Tyler once I get my beer.

Kaden and Asher waste no time talking up some of the cute bartenders. I don't know if they are doing it for the free drinks, or to get in their pants after their shift. Probably both.

I smirk when the two of them shoot their shot and get turned down. But they don't dwell on it and move on to a pair of women sitting at the bar.

For a little while, I engage with Kaden and the girl he's talking to. She's cute. But even if I wanted a chance with her, I'm not on her radar. She's been oogling Kaden all night.

The girl, I don't catch her name, then introduces her friend and the opportunity for a foursome comes up. On that note, I order another beer. But as I walk to the door something catches my eye. No, not something, but someone. Up on the stage. Dancing like a fool and singing "Baby Got Back"

I don't have to see her face. Just by her cute little ass shaking, I know it's Loni.

The crowd cheers and sings along with her like they are at a live concert. She's completely out of breath but doesn't slow down.

A grin stretches across my entire face.

Loni, a normally uptight ball buster, is letting loose on stage in front of everyone and enjoying every minute of it. I wonder how many drinks it took for her to get up there? Or is she doing this completely sober? She doesn't stumble over a single word.