Chapter 47 - Jace

Jace

Sienna Ray is a beautiful girl. Any guy would be honored to go on a date with her. But I'm not that guy. The only reason I'm here tonight is because the girl wouldn't take no for an answer.

Despite what Loni told me, how the hell was I supposed to go on a date with someone else? I don't want to. It makes it hard when the girl you really want doesn't want you back.

Sienna followed me around the coffee shop, paid for my order, she even followed me out to my car. Each time propositioning me to go out with her. I had to say yes so she would leave me the hell alone.

Going out with her alone tonight was not an option though. So I invited Kaden and he then invited Asher and Ty. They've been good at occupying her. Kaden asked Sienna to play him in a round of pool. Tyler gave her money to put in the jukebox. It hasn't been a terrible night.

Now, the guys have had some liquor and their duties of being the opposite of my wingmen have faded.

Sienna is trying to sit on my lap when all I want to do is enjoy my beer and watch old football highlight reels on the TV. Her cold fingertips graze my cheek before running through my hair, which I made no effort to do before I left the apartment.

I really took no interest in how I looked before I left. I'm wearing a pair of faded jeans and a black t-shirt I found on my floor. Not a spray of cologne is on my body.

Sienna still has the nerve to say, "You smell so good tonight." She practically moans every word.

My eyes are focused on the TV hanging above us. It's not until she starts grading her hips on me that I finally look at her.

"Sienna—"

"We don't have to stay here much longer. You can take me back to your place."

Before I can tell the girl "Hell no," I look past her. There's a pull on me that I can't resist and when I look across the bar Loni is standing there in a little red dress looking sexy as hell.

My dick hardens and I know Sienna feels it because she starts giggling in my ear.

It's not for you.

I try my hardest to push Sienna off of me, but she's like a damn spider monkey, hanging onto any part of my body for dear life.

I stop these efforts when A guy walks over to Loni. Her gaze flashes to me quickly and then to the meathead standing next to her. She puts on a flirty smirk and... Fuck, did she just touch his arm?

My face is hot, sweat prickles the back of my neck.

What the fuck is she doing?

She sees me. She wants me to watch her. Because every time she pushes up her breasts, touches this guy's arm, throws her head back in a throaty laugh, she's looking right at me.

Red flashes behind my eyes. Somehow I manage to throw Sienna off of me. I storm across the bar, pushing everyone out of my way like a raging bull.

"Jace— Ow," Loni cries as I grab her wrist.

The guy she was just with says something to me, but it doesn't register in my brain. I'm too focused on my own fury. It's one thing to imagine Loni with another guy, but seeing it, fuck.

I slam my fist into the front door, pushing it open, pulling Loni outside to the parking lot.

"What the hell was that?" she snaps.

My jaw clenches as I try to control myself. But I can't do it anymore. "What the hell was that? Loni, what the fuck are you doing?" My hands grab the sides of my head.

She watches me with wide eyes, her mouth hanging open.

I don't think I've ever been this angry in my entire life. Well, it's not really anger, it's frustration.

"Am I not allowed to go out and have a good time?" She asks, but her voice shakes like that was definitely not her intention tonight.

I shake my head with a snide laugh. "You were trying to make me jealous."

"No, I wasn't—"

"Yes, Loni you were. Why? Huh? Why? You are the one that told me to go out with Sienna. So why are you doing this?"

She crosses her arms over her chest, but not in a defensive way. She's holding something back, I can see it all over her face. The street lamps lighting up the lot illuminate the glossiness of her eyes. Her bottom lip quivers and she grabs it with her teeth.

"You feel something for me don't you?" I step closer to her. "You love me and it scares you."

Her brows curl up and her teeth can no longer hold onto her quivering lip. She looks anywhere but my eyes. Her breathing hitches.

Come on, baby, admit it. Admit it.

"Admit it," I say aloud.

She shakes her head, tears fall down her pink cheeks. "Jace I—I" She finally looks into my eyes.

Yes, yes, say it. I love you.

"I can't do this anymore."

Yes, no more no strings attached. All in.

"I can't do any of this. This was such a stupid idea."

Wait, what?

The smile that I feel on my lips suddenly falls. My throat dries up and I can't force a swallow. What the hell is going on here?

"This was all a mistake and I don't want to do it anymore."

"Hold on," I say grabbing her hand when she takes a step back. "What is happening right now?"

"The whole no strings attached plan we concocted," she wipes her cheeks with her free hand, "I don't want to do it anymore. I can't be with you anymore. Things just got way too complicated. And it's not what I wanted."

"Loni—" I cut myself off, biting my tongue.

I want to beg her to reconsider. But I can't say a word because, in my heart, this is the right thing to do. If I can't have all of her, what's the point. I want her heart. I want everything with her.

She slides her hand out of my grip. I don't try to touch her again.

Nothing I say now will get her back. I can tell her I love her. I can lay it all out right now. But she's too guarded. I thought I could break down her walls, but only she has the power to do that.

"I'm—" she starts to speak but closes her mouth. Without another word, she turns her back to me and walks through the parking lot.