Chapter 41 - Jace

Jace

"I can't fucking take it, man, I can't fucking take this bitch," Asher says as soon as he storms into my apartment. His hands run through his hair. He paces my floor before going into my kitchen, fishing a bottle of vodka out of my cabinet. "I'm gonna fucking— Argh!" Sweat coats his forehead and even the two big swings he takes from the bottle don't calm him down.

I stand from the couch and don't move. I can't. I mean what the fuck is going—

The front door flies open again.

"Don't you ever put your hands on me again!" Valerie barks, storming through my place like a damn hurricane.

"Woah," I snap, stepping in front of her, blocking her way to the kitchen. But she's tall and I'm not as intimidating and she's honestly pretty scary.

Her nostrils flare and I've never seen her face so red.

I still have no idea what the fuck is going on. Where the hell is Tyler? Why are they both coming to me right now? I don't need this. Not now. I have my own fucking drama. But it looks like I'm stuck in theirs now too.

"Get out of my way, Jace."

I don't move a muscle.

"Fuck you," Asher chides behind me.

"Fuck you," she spits back.

"Okay, Valerie, I think it's best that you leave now."

For a moment, she doesn't move. After her death glare, at both of us, she turns on her heels and storms out.

What the hell did I do? What the hell did he do?

I spin around to see a grinning Asher standing behind me.

"Explain yourself."

He rolls his eyes. "I can't fucking stand her. The girl knows no boundaries. She's not my girlfriend. I don't have to tiptoe around her feelings." He takes another drink.

"I'm still not getting an explanation here."

He sighs. "I had a girl over, in my room I might add, and that bitch walks right on in and has the nerve to start mouthing off at me."

"Where the hell was Tyler?"

"Fuck if I know," he answers, swallowing another sip. "I'm naked, balls deep in this chick, and she just walks in. Ridiculous. And she wouldn't leave. I'm yelling at her telling her to get the fuck out and she doesn't go." He puts the bottle down on the counter. A smile tugs at his lips like he's now actually finding amusement in all of this. I mean, it is kind of funny except for the part where everyone decided to involve me in this. "So I get out of bed, naked, walk over to her and tell her to get the fuck out."

"And then what?"

He walks over to the pantry and pulls out a bag of SunChips. "First," he says with a mouthful, crunching a few times before continuing, "she doesn't leave. And then, she looks at my dick and tells the chick in my bed how sorry she is that she has to endure the horrible sex I'm giving her. Which I wasn't. You know I wasn't. You know I'm fantastic in bed."

Okay, no I don't. I only know what I've heard women say. But I have heard that yes.

"So, I grab her arm and try to shove her out. Then she goes ballistic. Slaps me across the face. And now I'm here." He shoves a few chips in his mouth. Finally calm.

I shake my head with a laugh. "I wonder what story she's going to tell Ty."

"Fuck if I care." Wiping his hand across his mouth, he picks up the vodka and takes another swig. "Mind if I sleep on your couch tonight?"