Chapter 19 - Loni

Loni

"They have our slot at the studio booked for next Sunday at five," Adam says while jotting that down in his planner.

"Are we the last group of the night?" I ask, also writing this all down.

Adam nods. "Yeah. Which is good. We won't be rushed out. We can take our time."

For every Cinematic Arts major at Bayside, we are required to take a course in motion picture production. I love this class. First of all, Professor Quinn is amazing. He worked in Hollywood as a producer on some major films before he started teaching. And second of all, this class actually gives us a chance to put everything that we have learned to good use.

I've been meeting with my group for our class project every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday at the library since class started. Adam and I are co-directors for the project. Madison is our editor. Ben and Holly have written the script for the short film. Daniel and Courtney are our actors.

This project is the only grade we will receive in this course. And as long as our short film is up to Professor Quinn's standards, we will get an A.

I need an A. My future as a director pretty much depends on it.

"I just don't understand why I'm smiling in this last scene," Courtney whines, reading the last page of the script we all have in our hands.

"Because your character Audrey finally realizes her dead husband has moved onto a better place," Ben answers, rubbing his temples.

"Wait, so her husband is dead?" That reply gets Courtney a round of groans. The girl is a great actress, but she uses her looks to get by instead of her brains.

"He's been dead the whole time. She's been seeing his ghost—"

I'm pulled away from their conversation when my phone dings across the room where it's plugged in. I stand and walk over to it, but once it's in my hand, I nearly drop it when I see Jace's name on the screen.

JACE: How's ur nose?

I want to delete his message completely, but I don't. In fact, I find myself a little bit flattered by his concern about my face. But I can't let him know that. His half-naked body has gotten my morals all mixed up.

ME: What is this weird fascination u have with me? Pls explain yourself.

JACE: Ur the one that kissed me out of the blue. I think you need to explain urself

Fuck. I should have never kissed him. It was a stupid move on my part. But seeing Eric really messes with my head.

JACE: You left ur boots here when you ran outta here this morning. I can drop them off at ur place.

I would leave those boots there. But they aren't mine. I borrowed them from Bethany for the event. And before she even put them in my hands she made sure to tell me how much she loved them. How expensive they were. That they are the only pair of cowboy boots she'll ever wear.

Yeah, she really made sure I took care of them. So, leaving them with Jace is not an option. But having him figure out which building I'm in is not gonna happen.

ME: no, ur not coming over

ME: I'll come to you.