78

𝙂𝙊𝙊𝘿 𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇𝙎! 𝙣𝙘𝙩 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢

jaemin
hello

jaemin
jeno told me whats been going on

jaemin
if you still want space i will give it
to you but i miss you

jaemin
also you can stay with me instead...
no pressure

jaemin
🙏🙏🙏

jaemin
can i see you

yun
hi

yun
im staying at my own house i already
had to convince jeno that id be fine i
dont wanna do it for you too

yun
but thank you

jaemin
yun you shouldnt have to stay there

yun
i would rather stay there than have
to bother people

yun
its literally fine not a big deal

jaemin
okay if you insist then i trust you

jaemin
but i really really dont mind

yun
yeah i bet you dont

yun
im on my way home, you can meet
me there if you want

jaemin
are you sure😕

yun
yeah of course

yun was half way to the front porch of her home when she heard a car pull up just a few feet away, twisting her body around to see the familiar car of jaemins stop in front of the gate

yun was half way to the front porch of her home when she heard a car pull up just a few feet away, twisting her body around to see the familiar car of jaemins stop in front of the gate. she hadn't expected him to come so quickly but stopped in her tracks to allow him to catch up to her after exiting his car.

she watched him stuff his hands into his pockets and for the first time ever, take hesitant steps towards her. he was usually so confident approaching her but couldn't help feel like he was bothering her this time.

the girls sad eyes looked up at him when he got closer, and he couldn't find it in him to say anything immediately and settled for pulling her into a hug instead. it was anything but the sort of hug that said, 'it's been too long, i missed you,' more of 'you've been going through a lot, and i think you need this.' it was long, comforting, even warm over the cold air from winter weather.

yun pulled away the second she felt her eyes tear up, blinking them away quickly before jaemin could notice. "are you okay?" he asked, voice soft and sweet, as it always was.

"i'm fine, just," she stopped for a moment, "it feels like i'm reliving my childhood. like all these feelings and the way i'm being treated, it's crazy."

she could see jaemins eyes turned sad. "i'm sorry."

"it's okay."

"yun, i really... i really don't wanna add more to your plate, but um," the boy reverted his eyes to the ground for a second before lifting them back up to her own, "it's hard when we don't talk for a while. you know i'll give you all the space you need, but i wish you'd open up to me more. i wanna help you."

"jaemin..." yun sighed, struggling to find the right words. "i want to be more open with you, trust me, but it's just too much right now. that's why we agreed to take things slow."

"and we are, we are taking things slow. i just want you to see from my perspective," jaemin subconsciously reached down to grasp her hands in his with a hopeful look in his eyes, "i want to make it official in the future but you need to trust me. talk to me when you need someone to talk to."

make things official. for some reason the sentence forced a knot in yuns stomach, suddenly feeling suffocated by the conversation. he seemed to notice the discomfort when he began to speak again. "i'm sorry, i know you're going through a lot right now, i didn't mean to put any more pressure onto you."

the shorter was unable to hold eye contact as her eyes glanced down to their hands held together, watching jaemin rub his thumb along her knuckles, a small act of affection that always had her wanting to melt to the ground.

she didn't understand why the idea of a relationship was so scary to her, when the concept itself was everything she every wanted. she loved talking to jaemin, being around him, seeing him, feeling him, but the way things piled on top of each other, it seemed like she was never going to be able to make things official.

"i.." she started, "i want to have that. i really do. but i can't focus on anything right now, jaemin. it's hard enough waking up everyday in a house where i'm not even wanted, and having to worry about my future solely for the purpose of pleasing my parents. i don't want you to think i would ever regret this."

"but i'm starting to feel guilty pulling you into this just to not even get to give you my one-hundred percent. there's so much to me i want you to see, there's so much i wanna do with you—"

"are you ending this? us?" he interrupted. the tone in his voice was everything but his usual softened color and it made yuns heart sink straight down.

"i don't want to," she quickly retracted, trying to explain herself when she felt the grip on her hands loosen, "i don't want to lose you at all, but maybe it's better for the both of us to stay friends right now. just friends."

his hands finally fell to his sides out of hers, the warmth leaving each of their bodies instantly. he certainly wasn't expecting such a twist in their conversation, initially wanting to just make sure she knew he was there for her. "okay."

"okay... i'm sorry."

"don't be," he shook his head, and yun couldn't help but feel guilty when the energy shifted, "you should put yourself first, i get it."

he was right, and she knew that, but yun was only worried how it would effect their frienship. "are we okay?"

jaemin lifted his gaze from the ground with his lips pursed into a sad smile, giving her a small nod. "we're okay."