Chapter Twenty-One

little boat ——— THERE WERE A LOT OF THINGS Nephthys didn't dare to share. The first was that she made two identical glass bottles and charmed them. All she had to do was shape a letter into a boat, slide it into the bottle and that same boat would "sail" and appear in George's bottle. She wondered if he'd even notice, but that wasn't her problem.

Back at the Malfoy Manor, Nephthys found comfort in her bedroom once again. The first thing she did when she arrived was dig out the book from her closet. She didn't open it, just placed it into her trunk.

The second thing she did was something she'd surely get in trouble for if she were caught.

It was midnight and Nephthys wasn't asleep — which wasn't really a surprise to anyone. However, she made sure everyone thought she was. She retired to her bedroom after dinner earlier than usual, yawned a few times while eating, and laid in darkness for what felt like hours.

Her bedroom door opened, which let in an eerie gust of wind. The Malfoy manor was scary after dark, something about its size, lighting (or lack of), open space, decoration, or even just the mere wind that took up the manor was unsettling. Perhaps it was the history of the Malfoy family — those that were wronged by them that haunted the air.

"Is everyone asleep, Missy?" whispered Nephthys to the house elf that entered her bedroom.

Missy nodded, "Miss Nephthys should not be out of bed."

Nephthys didn't listen as she slowly crept out of bed, a large piece of parchment and a quill in one hand.

"Why don't you go take a break, Missy?" said Nephthys as she smiled down at the house elf, "I'll see you in the morning."

Nephthys tip-toed to the room down the hall, which seemed to be darker than the are her room was in. She turned the door and it opened. She paused for a moment before she pushed the door open slowly. She closed the door behind her and crept over to the giant bed in the center of the room. There was a pillow on the floor and she picked it up before she leaned over the bed. Draco had drooled all over his silk sheets, his body was arranged in a way that it looked as if someone had tossed him on there.

Nephthys raised the pillow he dropped on the floor over her head and slammed it down on his face. Draco woke up with a start, he scrunched his face and Nephthys hit him again. His eyes flew open but before he could get up, she hit him one final time before she tossed his pillow on the bed.

"Wha —" Draco stared at her bewildered, "What is wrong with you?! Go to bed!"

"I need your help," said Nephthys, "I wouldn't be asking for it if I didn't need it."

Draco stared at her as if she were out of her mind, "No! Talk to me in the morning." He pulled his covers over his head but Nephthys ripped them off. He lunged for them but she pulled them away from him.

"It can't wait til morning," hissed Nephthys, "I want you to let me into the dungeons."

Both Nephthys and Draco were forbidden to go down there. It was abandoned and locked away, but Draco knew a way to get in there. Nephthys discovered it a few years ago when Draco purposely locked her down there. She didn't speak to him for months after that. Supposedly, the Malfoys reinforced the locks so Draco wouldn't be able to access the dungeons but Draco still found out how to access them. Sometimes, Nephthys would see him heading down those forbidden stairs. He'd be in there for hours and she could only wonder what he did in there.

"Are you mad?" hissed back Draco, "What's gotten into you?!"

"Just let me in and you can come back to bed," said Nephthys, "I'm getting in there whether you help me or not. It's just a matter of whether I'm getting in the easy or hard way."