Chapter Three

aurélie's gift ——— "OH RIGHT," said Rosie as she clapped her hands, "Gentlemen, this is Nephthys, my childhood friend per se. Nephthys, this is Lee Jordan, Fred Weasley, and George Weasley."

His name was George Weasley.

The Weasley twin that took her breath away was George Weasley. Nephthys could not believe it, not that it'd be any easier to believe it had it been Fred.

"Still, I'm much better company," said Emery, "Wouldn't you agree, Nephthys?"

"Je ne parle pas anglais," muttered Nephthys.

"I'm certain that's the only phrase you know in french," said Rosie as she crossed her arms.

Nephthys shrugged, "It's the only one I need to know. Your mum was screaming for you earlier."

"She was angry," said Emery.

Rosie's eyes widened, "Let's go back upstairs —"

"No, you don't, Ambrosia Hepburn!" exclaimed Mrs. Hepburn as she stepped inside, "I've been looking for you for the past half hour. Get your arse outside right now — is that dirt on your dress robes? I ought to send you home with Nephthys for a day, maybe then you'd come back a proper young lady!"

"Please don't," said Nephthys.

"I wouldn't want to go either, but why are you saying no?" said Rosie defensively as she paused in front of the door.

Nephthys pushed herself off the sofa and smiled at Rosie as she walked past her to the yard, "I'm thirsty, aren't you?"

Nephthys walked over to the table in the yard where there was desserts and two glass jars with liquid, one yellow and the other red. Nephthys grabbed a cup and stared at the two jars before deciding on the red liquid.

"Are you following me?" said a voice behind her, laced with amusement. Nephthys smiled at the familiar voice as she took a sip of the liquid. It was strawberry lemonade.

Nephthys turned around with a teasing smile, "Me? Following you? Oh, no, Mr. Weasley. Didn't you hear Rosie? I'm the childhood friend, I couldn't possibly have followed you here."

"I suppose that's true," said George as he leaned his arm against the table, "Your name's Nephthys then?" When she raised her eyebrows, he grinned, "Nephthys. . .it suits you."

"In what way?" said Nephthys in amusement.

"Just does," shrugged George, "So. . .do you hit people with doors often?"

"Well, it's not often I make someone forget how to function," teased Nephthys as she took another sip of the lemonade, she maintained eye contact the entire time.

George chuckled, "I was wondering if I'd ever see you again."

"Well here I am," said Nephthys as she stretched out her arms, "What were you planning to do if you ever saw me again?"

"I didn't get that far," said George.

"Excuse me, Nephthys," said Aurélie as she reached past Nephthys.

Nephthys stepped away from the table, "Sorry."

Aurélie glanced from Nephthys to George before she returned to where she was filling up a cup.

"What'd you tell Rosie? She keeps looking over here and giggling," said Nephthys as she stared at where Rosie was with Fred and Lee.

"Nothing," said George, "She's making something out of nothing. They all are, look at them."