Chapter Five

nott & zabini ——— SPEAKING ABOUT NIGHTMARES, Nephthys hadn't had any. For the first time in ages, she felt fully rested and no longer feared shutting her eyes at night. It was like her dream come true and she foolishly believed she could finally put the Kingdom of MAE behind her.

As much as she wished she could've seen George Weasley one last time, she had no way of seeing him again or an excuse to leave the house again. Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy were supposed to drop them off at the train station, but Mr. Malfoy had some last minute emergency and he could not make it.

Nephthys looked around the platform in search of her friends until Mrs. Malfoy called her name and pulled her into a hug.

"Take care," said Mrs. Malfoy as she pulled away, staring at Nephthys with her blue eyes.

Nephthys smiled, "I always do."

"And try not to fight with Draco."

"I'll try, but I can't make any promises," said Nephthys as she glanced at Draco, who scowled.

"I expect both of you to study hard and stay out of trouble — and away from those dementors," said Mrs. Malfoy.

"So, they're really going to be at Hogwarts?" asked Nephthys as she thought back to Rosie, who was terrified of them. Rosie lost her favourite aunt, Xia, to dementors when she was younger and has been terrified of them ever since.

Mrs. Malfoy nodded before she said, "We'll see each other over Christmas, goodbye." She kissed Nephthys' forehead and Draco's cheek and they were off.

As they walked away, Nephthys stole a glance from Mrs. Malfoy, who waved. Draco and Nephthys didn't say a word to each other as they climbed on the train and promptly separated.

Nephthys could only hope Rosie would be fine as she entered the compartment with her friends in it.

"Hey, Nephthys," said Ruby as she looked up from where she was filing her nails, "Whats that look on your face?"

"What look on my face?" said Nephthys as furrowed her eyebrows.

"You look mad. Doesn't she look mad, Ruth?" said Ruby as Nephthys sat down across from them and next to the window. Ruth bobbed her head.

Nephthys rolled her eyes, "This is just my face."

"— you can't —" said Belle as she opened the compartment door with Vincent behind her. She stepped inside and attempted to shut the door but Vincent placed his leg in between, which Belle then attempted to smash it until he'd remove it.

"Belle," said Ruby, "Let him."

Belle ignored her as she used her body weight to try and shut the compartment door.

"Go away, Vincent," said Belle, "I know you only want to be in here because of Nephthys. She doesn't want you here either!"

Nephthys snatched Ruth's copy of the Daily Prophet and decided it was a good moment to read it (she was just trying to hide herself behind it).

"Belle, sit down," said Ruby. When Belle didn't listen, Ruby spoke a little louder, "Belle!" For a second, Belle didn't move until she finally let go of the door and sat down beside Nephthys.

"You almost broke my foot," said Vincent as he moved around his foot before he looked up, "Good morning, girls."

"Mornin, Vince," said Ruby with a smile as she leaned her body forward, "Take a seat."

"You should have a seat with your friends," mumbled Belle as she crossed her arms.

"After all the trouble you gave me, Belle, I think I ought to sit next to the window," said Vincent.