Chapter Thirteen

As we drove back to Teddy's flat, not wanting to be disturbed by Calvin, I explained the 'talk' that Calvin had given me about his concerns. Teddy listened to me and didn't comment at all, he just kept nodding his head at the parts where Calvin had shown his distrust.

The calm exterior was unnerving, I didn't want Teddy to think that I didn't trust him because I did. It's just when someone puts a story like that in your head, then you see your boyfriend kissing someone you've never heard about let alone seen, well it's kinda hard to ignore it.

"You know I don't think like that, really Teddy I just was surprised by Harshitt that's all." I couldn't help the snort that escaped as I said his name.

He rolled his eyes at me before replying. "I think Calvin is right to be concerned for you Drew."

"What?" I asked shocked. "So you would cheat on me?"

"No I wouldn't cheat, but he is your brother. He is only showing you how much he loves you and in all honesty he is right. I am away a lot and it isn't fair on you to sit and wait for me to come home while I travel the world." He said thoughtfully.

"Yes but I chose that Teddy, I knew your job before we even talked properly."

"Yes I know you're ok with it Drew, but maybe Calvin and I need to have some bonding time. Maybe if he gets to know me, he will see that I am not that kind of guy?"

"Ok sounds like a plan, I will arrange a night out." I smiled at him as I pulled up at his apartment block.

For the rest of that afternoon Teddy and I didn't leave his bedroom. It was great having him back with me and the prospect of him being mature and dealing with Calvin on his own was also pleasing to me. I expected him to kick off or make me feel bad about my brother's obvious cynicism. Yet he took it on the chin and decided to fix the problem on his own and I loved him for that.

***

The next day at work I arranged for us all to have a night out at the same bar where Alex, Billy's friend used to work before he got his big break as a choreographer. He was still in contact with the bar staff and he said he could get us all food and drinks at a discount, so we all decided we would make a night of it.

I checked with Teddy and he was free and I warned Calvin to be on his best behaviour before we left work and headed to the bar. The footballers and Alex were waiting for us, drinks already on the table and chicken wings already ordered.

I grabbed two beers and gave one to Calvin, Teddy looked at me and I quickly apologised grabbing a cold one for him too and pecking him on the cheek. I didn't miss the look on Calvin's face and when I looked toward him Teddy followed my gaze and turned to talk to Calvin.

I took the opportunity to catch up with Max, Eli and Zak. It had been a while since we all got together like this for a drink and food, I was hoping it would be a good night. Half of me just wanted to get drunk and have fun but the other half of me was worried about what Teddy would say to Calvin and whether Calvin would go easy on him.

When we were out of beers, I went with Alex to the bar to order more. He smiled at me while we waited and asked me if I was ok, I gave him a brief overview of what was going down tonight and he turned to see Calvin looking at Teddy as he talked about god knows what.

"Your brother just cares about you that's all Drew, we all do and Teddy is away a lot. We just want you to be happy and being alone for three weeks of the month at the beginning of a relationship can't be fun." He smiled.

"No it's not but that doesn't mean he's away cheating on me like Calvin seems to think." I replied.

"No that is true....but it also doesn't mean that you should settle for the first guy that gives you some attention." He smiled as the barman came over with our beers and the cocktail for Gracie. "After all there is plenty more fish in the sea, isn't that right Gray?"

"Sure is Alex." The barman replied smiling.

"Grayson here is a good friend of mine Drew, you two have a lot in common you should meet up some time." Alex smiled and walked away leaving me mortified.

"Erm...."

Gray laughed loud and it was a gorgeous laugh, his whole face lit up and white teeth gleaming as he did. "It's ok, don't let Alex pressure you into anything. Besides you're clearly taken, but if you do fancy meeting up for a drink sometime well that would be awesome. Can't have too many mates can you?"

I watched as he went to walk away but something inside me was screaming 'STOP HIM'. He seemed intriguing and I won't lie to you, he was beautiful. However, he was right and I was taken but friends would be fine, Teddy couldn't have a problem with that. "Wait! Erm yeah a drink would be good."

He smirked as he came back towards me and reached up above my head to a shelf and as he did so his black t-shirt lifted up and teased me with a glimpse of his hairy stomach. I cleared my throat as he searched for whatever was on the shelf, he ignored me and pulled down a paper and pen. Without saying a word he wrote his name and number on the paper handed it to me and with a final smirk and a wave, walked away.

I pocketed the paper and took the rest of the beers back to the table catching Alex's eyes and blushing as he smiled knowingly at me. Nothing would happen, Gray just seemed like an interesting person, his name alone was interesting...Grayson Tate...very English.

Calvin interrupted my blushing and thoughts by nudging me on the arm as he grabbed another beer. "Ok maybe I will wait in future to give my opinions on your partners. Teddy has explained the situation and well as your brother, I am still going to worry but maybe I am just being too overprotective. I will reserve judgement - for now - and I will review as time goes on." He smiled at me and went to talk to the girls.

I was happy that Calvin would be giving Teddy another chance and as a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind I leant back into them smiling. He whispered in my ear the things he would like to do to me and I turned to face him smiling.

"Well hopefully your brother doesn't hate me now." He smiled.

"I don't think he ever hated you Teddy, he just doesn't understand us yet that's all."

"I saw you talking to that guy behind the bar, I watched him give you his number. Are you into him?"

"I don't even know him to be honest. Alex just introduced us, Gray is a buddy of his and he thinks we would get along. Apparently we have a lot in common but both of them know that I am with you and that is how it's going to stay ok." I said strongly.

"Good." He kissed me.

As he embraced me, I wrapped my arms around his waist and as I did I looked over his shoulder to see Gray serving another customer. He looked up and caught me looking, he smiled and saluted once before going back to his customer.

I coughed and pulled away from Teddy, time to leave I think....