Chapter Four

The next day I went to work on the morning and trained for a few hours. Billy had already told us we could all have the afternoon off to go and watch the eclipse, the rest of the team were going out together to have a party and watch it. I was heading straight to get ready so I could meet Teddy, this was one party I wasn’t sad to be missing because I had my own party planned.

Training was hard, it was a hot day and Billy wouldn’t give us any breaks because we were getting off early. We were practising all of the most difficult throws and I hated the Helicopter at the best of times but in this heat it was unbearable!

So when Billy called it a day I cheered and ran straight to the changing rooms to get a shower. Scrubbing myself raw, paying special attention to my privates, then I jumped out and went to get ready. By then Calvin and the girls were back in the changing rooms and I could see them smirking as I rushed around getting myself ready.

I could hear murmuring about me being very keen and that Teddy must be something special and I didn’t care whether they were taking the piss or not because they were right. I was keen and Teddy was special.

I ran around like a headless chicken putting my clothes on and doing my hair, then I sprayed myself with cologne and grabbed my wallet and keys then ran out the door. I could hear them all laughing as I left and ran down the corridor but I couldn’t give two shit’s.

I climbed into my car and quickly text Teddy to tell him I was on my way to pick him up then I put my phone away and quickly drove myself to the apartment address. When I pulled up outside I began to panic a little bit, this was it there was no turning back now.

I beeped my horn and two minutes later Teddy popped his head through the open window beaming at me. He said hello and then pulled back out to climb into the car. My heart was beating so loud I was surprised he couldn’t hear it, my face went bright red. I know because I could feel the heat creep across it and down my neck. Teddy was much better looking than my stupid memory gave him credit and god I wanted to kiss him so badly.

“So where are you taking me to watch the eclipse?”

“Well I was kinda hoping you might have some ideas about that? I have only been in LA for a year and in all honesty I haven’t seen much of it yet.” I replied sheepishly.

“Ok make a left here.”

Teddy led me into the Hollywood hills but not to the Hollywood sign where even I knew it would be full of people wanting to watch the eclipse. He took us to a secluded area with a vacant little cottage cut into the hillside, it was quite picturesque and I hoped we weren’t trespassing.

He convinced me we weren’t, that he knew the owners so I parked up and we climbed out. I went to the trunk and pulled out a blanket and some beers then I followed Teddy to the grassy area and spread it out so we could get comfortable. I lay back staring at the sky as Teddy sat beside me and began talking about his day, he had just landed this morning from a long haul flight and he was feeling a bit jet lagged.

It made me feel special that when he told me that nothing would have kept him from this ‘date’ and when he said that word I relaxed and joined in the conversation. In the end we were lying watching the sky, Teddy’s arms folded behind his head and his knees bent.