Chapter Seventeen

So who are we liking here? Gray or Teddy? Let me know, it would be interesting to find out :0)

I put down the phone a little two roughly and my iPhone cracked slightly in the corner, just helping to make my anger intensify that little bit more. I slumped down into my hotel chair and put my head in my hands sighing, would I ever be able to make a relationship work with this job?

Drew had a point, I had promised him those holidays so that we could spend some time together. We have been together a while now but I still feel like I barely know him and it's not his fault, he is trying so hard to be perfect for me. I can tell how much this upsets him, I can tell how much he just wants me to stay home, I can tell that he thought we would be closer, cuter and stuck to each other's side but this is my job, my life.

I always wanted to be a flight attendant, so do I want to give this up now? I am still young there's plenty of time for a relationship, for settling down. Yet, I haven't managed to keep one person happy in all of my relationships so far. Everyone but bloody Harshitt leaves me and it is starting to get a bit painful.

Drew is really young, he could find anyone else but he chose me. He hasn't acted like a child and cheated or asked me to quit for him. He took it on the chin all he wanted was a few days at the beach with me so I guess he has a right to go all angry and immature now. I don't know what to do.

I jumped as the hotel door opened and Harshitt and Mel walked in smiling. Don't know why they're smiling we have just worked eighteen hours straight I am exhausted. Mel looks at me all concerned, typical for her but Harshitt just rolls his eyes at me and flops onto the bed saying 'Oh look Mr Miserable is back, what did your toddler do, this time Teddy?'

Mel gave him a pointed looked but I shook my head at her saying I wasn't bothered, he was just jealous of Drew and couldn't get over it. We had a brief fling a few years back when I had first joined the team, despite his ridiculous name Harshitt was stunning. Deep black eyes and dark hair, Coffee coloured skin and long lashes, he was gorgeous. It is a shame his personality doesn't match, he is possessive and it isn't nice, he lingers when you go to the toilet and follows you when you get a drink from the kitchen. I ended it pretty quickly and since then he has taken pleasure out of each failed relationship I have had and seemed to take a particular disliking to Drew because he is young.

'Harshitt leave it, nothing has happened between me and Drew I am just tired and didn't expect you back yet. I was just about to take a nap but that's ok I might go for a swim instead.' I smiled at them both and stood up to grab my gear. A swim would help relax me and even if it didn't staying here with Harshitt definitely wouldn't help my mood.

I walked passed Mel and into the corridor, heading for the lifts as the pool was on the roof in a room kinda like a greenhouse. It was late and the pool room was silent, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be here this late but I didn't care, I would just feign innocence if someone came in.

The water was warm and the stars were out above my head, it was peaceful exactly what I had hoped. It give me what I needed to calm down and think about things properly, think about what I could do to make this work with Drew. We were both young but that didn't mean that we couldn't be together, have a life together, I think we both thought that would be the case when we got together but now I am not so sure what he thinks or what I think for that matter. Hopeless romantics, hopeless at getting it right.

I swam for an hour then climbed out and lay on one of the beds looking at the stars and wondering what he was doing now. Was he with his brother and friends or was he with that Gray? What was with that anyway, those two had only just met so why would Drew choose Gray to be his shoulder to cry on?