Chapter Fourteen.

The next few days were much better than the last, Teddy wasn't due to fly again for a few weeks so we were spending time together in and out of the bedroom. We spent a lot of time at the beach because the weather at the minute was too hot for training, it wasn't football season and this was the time of year we were expected to take our holidays. So I booked in four days off work and spent them lying on Malibu beach with Teddy, soaking up the sun and a few beers to go with it.

On the last day we had a beach party and all the guys were there, the only person missing was Alex and I could see Jake looking down the beach waiting for him. I walked over to see what time he would be coming and Jake jumped having not heard me approaching. "He should be here by now, I hope he is ok. He has been working really hard lately, he is choreographing the new video for Rita Ora apparently she's trying to break America and wants her video to appeal to an American audience."

"I am sure he will be fine, you know what the traffic is like here and it's a lovely night everyone will be out and about."

Jake nodded but I am not sure he was really listening to me, he was still focused on the steps that lead down to the beach about a hundred yards away. I followed his gaze and I could see two people walking towards us, "You see there he is and he's with....Gray." I left him as he stood up to greet Alex and went to find Teddy.

"Is he doing this on purpose?" Teddy said as I walked up to him.

"What?"

"Bringing Grayson along." He said his name with a disgusted tone.

"Oh don't start Teddy, I told you I don't even know the dude. He is a friend of Alex's and he has come to spend time with him. Just ignore him, you're here with me and we finally have time together."

"Oh I forgot to mention I am leaving tomorrow night."

"What??!" I asked shocked we were supposed to have a few weeks together, this was worse than football season when I was away.

"I have a flight to Dubai, then Singapore. The lead attendant on that flight has come down with a chest infection and I have been asked to fill in. It's a really good opportunity for me Drew, Lead attendant."

"But you promised...you said we would get to know each other more, spend time together for just a few weeks that was all before the season started back up." I could hear myself whining and I didn't like it.

"Drew it's my job, you said you understood." He placed a hand on my cheek. "Besides I will be back in a few weeks and we can pick up where we left off."

"Well at least we have tonight if you're travelling tomorrow night." I replied trying to keep the peace.

"I can't stay much longer though Drew, I have to pack my bag and I need a good night sleep. So it's probably best that you go home with Cal tonight."

"Oh." I couldn't help feeling dejected, there goes my night.

"I will be back as soon as I can. When I do, I will bring you a present and we will spend the first forty eight hours in bed, so that I can show you just how much it means to me to be home with you." He smiled and kissed me.

I tried to smile, honestly I did but in one little sentence he had ruined my night. All I wanted was to spend some time with him, I knew he was busy, I knew he had a demanding job. So did I though and yet when I was away I made every effort to see him as much as I could.

He was a lovely man and I wanted to be with him but it was getting increasingly hard to be away from him for long periods of time. I would just have to shrug this off and hope his return would come soon so that I can share the time with him that he just promised. Plus on the bright side who doesn't like presents right?

Teddy stayed for another hour and I tried to have fun, we drank and danced about to the music the girls had cleverly provided. I had forgotten about him leaving until he pulled me aside and kissed me goodbye, then I stood and watched him walk away for another week.

I grabbed a beer, walked in the opposite direction from him for a good few metres down the beach. Until the fire glow had faded and I was sitting in the dark on the beach. I could hear them all having fun loud and clear but it still felt more peaceful being this little way out.

I sipped at my beer thinking about how quickly Teddy and I had become a couple and how fast it had been moving. Maybe Alex was right and because I had been so desperate to have what Billy and Zak had, that I had settled for the first guy that had shown me attention.

I scoffed at that. Teddy was a lovely guy, so he worked hard doesn't everyone? He just so happened to work away that's all, I shouldn't punish him for that. I should just enjoy his company while I have it and appreciate how good he is to me when he is around.

I down the rest of my beer and sighed. This isn't what I had expected, this isn't what Billy and Zak have at all. Billy would die before being separated from Zak for that long and I am sure, although he probably wouldn't admit it out loud, Zak feels the same way.

I could hear someone approaching and I hoped it wasn't Calvin, I just wasn't in the mood right now for another lecture. "I saw you walk away, figured you could use another drink about now?" I didn't look at him as he handed the beer and muttered 'do you mind?' before sitting on the sand beside me. I mumbled a thanks for the beer and took a sip as he mirrored my actions.

"For what it's worth, I think Teddy seems like a great guy."

I finally looked at him to see if he was taking the piss out of me but Gray's eyes were anything but mocking. I wondered if his parents had named him Gray because of his eyes or whether they just liked the old English names, quirky I guess.

"Thanks, he is a great guy. Shame he's never around to show people that."

"I am sure given the chance he'd rather be here with you, I mean you seem pretty awesome."

Even in the dark I could see him blush and I could feel my own cheeks heat up. "You don't know me that's clear to see, I am in fact a prick. Ask any of them..." I smiled and he laughed in response. "How about we join the party again, I am no Teddy but maybe we can have that drink now?" He asked sheepishly.

"Sounds like a plan."

I got up and he followed suit, we walked back to join the party and every time I looked up I caught him watching me. Maybe this night wouldn't be so bad after all.