AFTER DARK

There are close to infinite ways our lives can take shape.

The smallest decision can dramatically change the future.

Each decision opens or continues a path.

Each path branches and details your story, your adventure, your survival.

Sometimes it may seem as if your story is jumping or skipping, similar to a cassette tape.

But in the end every decision will come together to form one big story, rather it end well or bad.

Your choices will make up this story.

Your story is one of the many possibilities.

Make decisions wisely.

Your choices will define the lines between life and death.

And you, (Y/N) (L/N), are one of the ten protagonists of this story.

Before your story begins though, I'd like to get a few things out of the way:

First of all, I'll be using they/them pronouns for you. This is to validate everyone; no matter what pronouns they use. After the main story ends, I might release the story with she/her and he/him pronouns too.

Second of all; this story contains themes of violence, blood, death, murder, kidnapping, explicit language and potentially more (Warnings will be added here if necessary.). Take this into consideration and only go through with reading this if you feel comfortable with it.

Additionally, after every chapter, I'll display your stats in written form. Your stats will consist of your mental and physical health, your relationship with each of the key characters, your paths, your tarot cards, clues you've discovered and whatever evidence you've managed to collect.

Oh yes, the tarot cards. Throughout the various locations you'll find yourself in over the course of the night, you'll have opportunities to find tarot cards. Finding these tarot cards will enable you to see possible futures, things that may or may not take place depending on your decisions. Try your best to find them.

Alongside tarot cards, there are also various clues strewn around the areas. Finding them will grant you a better understanding of the secrets of the quarry.

As for evidence, things like photos or certain documents will prove to be helpful when you deal with the police. If you even survive that is.

With every choice, your character traits and character relationships will change and the thin line between life and death for each counsellor will be affected.

I should also explain the choices mechanism now. At the end of every chapter, you'll be presented with a choice that'll affect the outcome of the story. Simply comment which choice you prefer. I'd love to see your reasoning for choosing what you do so if you want to please do comment that too, If you don't feel comfortable commenting publicly for whatever reason, feel free to dm me, Majority vote'll decide which option will be taken. Additionally; if there are no comments with choices, I'll be making the decision myself.

It is possible to get into a relationship with any of your fellow counsellors or none at all. Your choices will decide.

I can offer you a few tips that you can choose to take into consideration or not, though I recommend you do.

~Sometimes doing nothing is the right thing to do.
~That being said, sometimes acting upon impulse is the right thing to do.
~Try to keep character relationships high. You never know when your life might be in danger and you'll have to rely on someone to help you.
~The more clues you find, the more you'll uncover the secrets of Hackett's Quarry.                                                        ~Collecting evidence is crucial. You'll need it later on.                

You do have a choice to make right now. I know, I know; choices before the story's even begun but it's a necessary evil. Just do your best.

Now; your two friends Max and Laura, also fellow counsellors at Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp this summer, want to head down to the camp one night in advance to scope the area out. They've invited you along but is it really wise to go with them? Sure; it'll be fun and potentially advantageous but you've still got a lot of preparations to get through and to be quite honest, going to a place you barely know in the dead of night doesn't really speak to you. You never know what might happen.

Time to make a choice.

Option 1: Head down to the camp one night in advance with Max and Laura.

Option 2: Turn down the offer and head to camp the day you're due.

I present your stats below to aid with your decisions.

(Y/N) (L/N)

Physical health: 10/10 

Mental health: 10/10

Relationships:

Laura Kearney thinks of you as a close friend.
Max Brinly thinks of you as a close friend.  
Emma Mountebank does not know who you are.
Jacob Custos does not know who you are.
Abigail Blyg does not know who you are.  
Nick Furcillo does not know who you are.
Kaitlyn Ka does not know who you are.
Dylan Lenivy does not know who you are.
Ryan Erzahler does not know who you are.  

Clues:

Freakshow Fire Clues: -

Hackett History Clues: -

Camp History Clues: -

Tarot Cards:

You have no tarot cards so far.

Paths:

There seems to be no paths so far.

And with that your story begins.