DEAD OF NIGHT

Chapter 9: Dead of Night

The majority has selected option 1.

PATH CHOSEN

Separation: (Y/N) split ways with Jacob in favour of going with the rest of the group.

21.44 | August 22nd - (Y/N)

Hackett's Quarry Camp Firepit

"Sorry Jacob but it's safer for us at the lodge. Nick needs help and we need clothes-"

"But Emma's out there all alone, doing God knows what! We can't just leave her!"

Jacob protested your decision but you'd already made up your mind. You had to go back to the lodge. Something was really really wrong, you were half naked and soaking wet and Nick really needed some medical attention. You could also very much do with washing whatever the hell was on your face off and maybe calling the authorities about some psycho man in the woods while you're at it as well.

The lodge. Definitely going to the lodge.

"Jake; you can go off and search for her if you'd like, which I do not recommend because you're half naked and still wet. I get it, she could be in danger, but I think staying here is the better choice and I'm going to do so."

Jacob sighed.

"Yeah, okay. You'll be safer with them anyway but I gotta go get Emma."

He outstretched his hand to grab the gun in Ryan's hand. Ryan jerked it back.

"Uh! Excuse me?"

"Hey- I need this, okay? It's not safe out there."

"Dude! We gotta protect Nick, Abi and (Y/N)!"

"Yeah and I need to find Emma, alright? She's out there alone!"

Their voices kept growing in volume and harshness as an argument started up.

"You don't even know if she's in trouble!"

"You don't even know if you're in trouble!"

Ryan gestured back at you, Nick and Abi.

"Do those three look like there's nothing wrong? Are you trying to piss me off?!"

"I'm trying to save a life!"

Jacob lunged at the gun and started it pulling at it but Ryan's grip was strong enough that it only yanked him forward. A tug of war ensued between the two, neither of them letting go.

"Dude- Get off!"

Oh what is going on right now

You glanced down at the semi conscious Nick, who seemed to be watching the fight with nodded eyes, and then up at Dylan who seemed just as irritated as you.

Ryan suddenly let the gun go and it sprang into Jacob's face, clocking him in the nose.

Jacob is getting angry.

"What the fuck?"

He pulled his fist back and swung it at Ryan who dodged.

Whoa whoa whoa this is escalating way too fast

"Fucking stop!" Kaitlyn stopped the two of them. "We're in a real mess here guys. You're acting like pricks! Both of you!" She gestured to the gun. "Jacob, we're keeping this. Nick and Abi are injured and (Y/N) is probably freezing. We need protection. There's someone around here."

Ryan mock laughed which resulted in Kaitlyn calling his name in warning.

"Sorry."

"This is bullshit!"