FIREWOOD COLLECTION

Chapter 3: Firewood Collection

The majority has selected option 2.

PATH CHOSEN

Preparations: (Y/N) went with Nick and Abi to get firewood.

18.53 | August 22nd - (Y/N)

Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp Grounds

"I'll take you and Nick up on that offer then Abi. Let's go get firewood."

Both of your mentioned friends smiled happily, Abi even going a little red.

"Great!"

Abi and Nick are happy that you're going with them.

Jacob clasped his hands together, a wide grin on his face.

"Alright party planning committee! Let's split and meet at the fire pit when we're all done! Yes!"

Not gonna lie, it's kinda very cute when he's excited.

Everyone split into their small groups. You suddenly remembered something.

"Hey Kaitlyn, my guitar's in the trunk. Could you bring that with you to the fire pit? I can play some tunes later!"

PATH UPDATED

Tip of The Iceberg: (Y/N) headed inside the lodge to talk to Nick and Dylan. - (Y/N) brought their guitar out themselves - (Y/N) remembered their guitar and asked Kaitlyn to bring the guitar to the fire pit for later.

"Sure thing (Y/N). See ya."

"Thanks, see ya."

And with that everyone set off.

19.05 | August 22nd - (Y/N)

Hackett Woods

The setting sun cast the perfect warm orange glow on the forest as you walked through it. Shadows painted your arms and everything around you, light spilling through the cracks in the foliage above and creating a beautiful picture.

You, Nick and Abi walked side by side through the trees where you'd spent half your days at camp. Each of you were carrying small bundles of firewood, occasionally bending down to add another to the piles. The three of you made small yet meaningful talk as you strolled under the leaves. 

It's so serene and beautiful...This is just what I needed to ease the nerves, and with two of my favourite people too.

"This would be a lot easier with Mr H's chainsaw."

Nick commented lightly as he looked at you and Abi. You were right in between the two, Abi on your right and Nick on your left. You smiled a little.

"It would...but I don't think Mr H would even let us five feet near his chainsaw though."

Nick chuckled at your words.

"It's really very pretty out here when there's no kids around."

Abi said and you found yourself agreeing with her. Kids, especially the younger ones, could really be a handful sometimes.

"Yeah, I know what you mean Abi."

"They can get kinda obnoxious, huh?"

You and Abi both nodded. 

"They always seem to calm down when you play your guitar though (Y/N), and during your painting lessons Abi."

Your head turned to Nick slowly at that. Had he seen your music lessons? You turned a little red at the thought, though you didn't really get why.