WORTH A SHOT

Chapter 14: Worth A Shot

The majority has selected option 2.

PATH CHOSEN

Helping Hand: (Y/N) shot at the unknown animal to help Dylan and Ryan and ran into the radio hut.

PATH UPDATED

Home Invasion: (Y/N) and Kaitlyn went to check out the sounds. - (Y/N) used the knife to free the gun from the hunter's grip. - (Y/N) had the gun when they needed it to shoot the animal in front of the radio hut.

22.51 | August 22nd - (Y/N)

Hackett's Quarry Camp Cabins

"Kaitlyn, give me the gun!"

She looked at you as if you were insane.

"What?!"

"Just give it to me and go hide in a cabin!"

"Are you insane?! Do you have a death wish or something (Y/N)?!"

"No, listen to me! I can't leave them in there! Just trust me!"

I can't just doom them to some animal while I have a clean shot!

Nick and Abi seemed to have already fled to the open cabin on the left. Kaitlyn glanced at the cabin, then at the radio hut and then back at you. She harshly handed the gun over to you.

"I can't believe you're fucking doing this."

Kaitlyn disapproves your decision.

"Just go!"

She did exactly that, not wasting another second, as you turned the gun's light on to the area in front of you. Nothing was directly in front of you but a shadowy figure lurked up over the steps to the radio hut.

Here we go

Without a second thought; you ran up the wooden steps to the front of the radio hut, finger on the trigger. You thought back to the brief runner Kaitlyn had given you, Nick and Jacob earlier during the shootout.

Spring and recoil...Okay...

The animal suddenly turned its attention to you and the horrifying thing you saw was most definitely not a bear. You barely got to see its face before it lunged towards you with a growl, but you took note of the huge fangs it bared at you.

With your meagre gun knowledge in mind, you pulled the trigger and only just managed to not fall back as the gun fired. The creature flew back with a guttural cry and you took the chance to make a break for the radio hut door and pull it open as fast as you could.

PATH UPDATED

Preparations: (Y/N) went with Nick and Abi to get firewood. - (Y/N) oversaw Nick and Jacob's shootout alongside Kaitlyn. - (Y/N) recognized the sound of the boar thanks to the walk with Nick and Abi. - (Y/N) was able to shoot the animal thanks to overseeing the shootout.

"(Y/N)!"

As soon as you managed to throw yourself into the radio hut and slam the door shut after yourself with a loud bang, your two friends were calling your name.

"Not a bear. Definitely not a fucking bear!"

You said as you regained your breath and calmed down a little, dropping the gun to the ground. As soon as you did, Dylan wrapped his arms around you tightly. You were caught off guard for a moment before you hugged back. You clung onto each other for a long moment.