END OF SUMMER, END OF CAMP

Chapter 1: End of Summer, End of Camp

(Thoughts will be written like this in italics.)

The majority has selected option 2.

PATH CHOSEN

Friend's Journey: (Y/N) turned down Max and Laura's offer to head down to the camp early.

Your stats have been updated accordingly.

17.07 | August 22 - (Y/N)

Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp Lodge Entrance

Standing on the porch of Hackett Quarry Summer Camp's lodge, you waved goodbye to the bus with all the campers you'd grown to know and love over the course of the summer with a smile on your face. Summer was coming to a close and so was your time as a counsellor at Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp.

It had been an amazing 2 months, it really had. You'd been the camp's resident musical instructor, teaching the kids songs and playing your guitar you'd brought along to them. You'd enjoyed yourself a lot more than you ever thought you would and you'd had the chance to meet and be friends with so many spectacular people.

Your fellow counsellors for example, you'd made great friends with every single one of them. They were all so amazing and you'd gotten along so well the entire summer. You'd gotten very very close with them and it honestly made you sad that in a matter of hours you'd all go your separate ways.

There was one grand upset that summer. Your two friends, Laura and Max, were also meant to be counsellors but they hadn't even turned up. They'd come down to the camp a night in advance so they'd have time to adjust and they'd invited you along too. You'd turned it down, still having a lot to prepare and just generally not wanting to drive down a dark road at night. They'd understood and gone out on their own.

They never turned up to camp, nobody heard from them in two months and you had absolutely no idea about their whereabouts.

PATH UPDATED

Friend's Journey: (Y/N) turned down Max and Laura's offer to head down to the camp early. - (Y/N) did not know what happened to the two when they didn't turn up to camp.

It worried you a lot, not knowing where two of your closest friends were but it wasn't like you could just call them or anything. Mr Hackett, the camp's owner, had confiscated all phones on the first day and he still hadn't returned them. You'd try to call them after you got your phone back.

You decided not to dwell on that now, choosing to focus on the kids.

"Bye!"

Emma called from the grounds, waving enthusiastically at the bus as it passed in front of the camp's sign. She was looking as pretty as always in her green sweater crop top. You'd worked with her quite a bit, considering she was the camp's theatre coach, and it had formed quite the friendship between the two of you. She was a good friend and you enjoyed spending time with her.

"Laters!"

Nick called from to your left. Nick was a total sweetheart. You'd help out in the kitchen with him if you had the time sometimes and you were really really close with him.

"Peace and love!"

Dylan rose up a hand in salute from your right. Sarcastic and funny Dylan was a great companion throughout the summer and you were really sad to be separating ways after two months spent together.

"Bye kids!"

You yelled, leaning against the banister.

"See ya later, kids!"