TURNING POINT

Chapter 17: Turning Point

The majority has selected option 1.

PATH CHOSEN

Howls in the Night: (Y/N) pushed Nick into the pool.

23.03 | August 22nd - (Y/N)

Pool House Front

"Hey, Nick stop it!"

You said, trying to push him away from you. It seemed impossible with how tightly he was holding on.

With a newfound anger at the way he was behaving, you gave him one big shove.

"Get off!"

With the force of your push, Nick fell backwards and down into the pool behind him. Water splashed everywhere yet Nick didn't resurface.

Why isn't he resurfacing?

You stopped forward to look over the edge, starting to feel a little guilty. You'd just wanted him to stop acting all weird and possessive, not fall into the pool while everything was already going wrong.

"Nick..?"

You asked tentatively. He'd still not come out of the water. Then with no warning, water splashed all around your once again and the only thing you could hear was Nick screaming in absolute agony.

You gasped; flinching back as he thrashed around violently in the water, yelling and crying. At first, it seemed like a bad joke. Nick knew how to swim and he could do it pretty well so why was he squirming around in the pool and barely keeping afloat now? A̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶?̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶d̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶u̶r̶e̶.̶

Seeing that he wasn't coming up anytime soon; you cursed loudly and got down on your knees, leaning over the edge of the pool to help him out.

"I just wanted him to stop...Hey, help me!"

You called to your friends. You reached your hand out and somehow the midst of his panic, Nick managed to grab onto it. You nearly let go when water came in contact with your skin. The droplets felt...uncomfortable, sort of like pinpricks.

Is this what Nick freaked out about? No, think about that later, pull it together now...

Ryan helped you pull Nick up and out of the water with some difficulty and a moment later the soaking wet boy was laying on the concrete, shivering more than you'd ever seen in your life. You sunk down next to him, not knowing what to do to help him.

"Oh fuck, what did I do..?"

You put a hand on his shoulder only to find him freezing cold.

"He's so cold!"

You said as Abi came to crouch down next to you. Why was Nick this cold? There's no way the water was this cold in summer...How had this happened?

PATH UPDATED

Howls in the Night: (Y/N) pushed Nick into the pool. - Nick panicked in the water as if it hurt.

"Okay, I- Let's get him in the pool house. Dry him off."

Ryan suggested, taking initiative. 

"Okay, alright, yeah..."

You helped lift the still shivering Nick up to his feet with Ryan. He was muttering incomprehensible words, his teeth chattering. His condition made you feel even worse as Dylan pulled open the pool house door and dragged the both of you inside.