LODGES AND VANS

Chapter 2: Lodges and Vans

The majority has selected option 2.

PATH CHOSEN

Tip of The Iceberg: (Y/N) headed inside the lodge to talk to Nick and Dylan.

17.16 | August 22nd - (Y/N)

Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp Grounds

"Alrighty I'm gonna go check in with Nick and Dylan, go see what they're up to. You two have fun though!"

You said, throwing a hand up in salute to your companions. A chance to spend some more time with two of your favourite people, possibly for the last time for a year? You weren't about to turn that down.

"M'kay."

Kaitlyn replied and Jacob just nodded kind of dejectedly.

Maybe he was hoping for me to come with him.

Jacob is disappointed that you're not accompanying him.

"Okay, see you two."

"Bye."

You turned around and returned to the stairs as Jacob asked Kaitlyn something. You went up them and stood in front of the door before knocking on it firmly a few times. Dylan opened the door, Nick stood a few steps behind him.

"Hey (Y/N). What brings you to our humble abode?"

You smiled, playing along.

"Oh nothing much kind sirs, just wanted to see how you were doing and by extension check out the lodge for the last time."

"Oh well in that case come right in!"

"Thank you."

You entered the lodge and Dylan shut the door behind you. The inside of the lodge was illuminated lightly by the sun preparing to set, casting shadows and orange hues on everything inside. Everything was ready to be closed up until next year, tidy and clean.

"Well this place is all ready to go."

"Sure is. Ryan and I swept the entire place before the kids left."

"And I cleaned up the kitchen."

Nick quipped. You nodded.

"Great job guys. I readied up the music and theatre hall with Emma this morning so we're all good to go."

"Nice."

"There are a few bags over by the stairs." Nick gestured to one of the stairs leading upwards. "And your guitar too, (Y/N)"

You perked up at the mention of your guitar.

"Oh fuck, I nearly forgot my guitar! Yeah, thanks Nick!"

You started heading towards the staircase where the remaining bags were located.

"Can't let your artistic talent go to waste."

The Australian added as you crouched down next to the bags. You looked up at the two taller boys.

"The artistic 'talent' consists of playing the Hackett's Quarry camp song and various different Arctic Monkeys songs all summer but alright."

Dylan mock gasped, putting a hand on his chest.

"Do you not consider that artistic talent? Nothing will ever be hotter than hearing you sing 'Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High'."

Dylan fanned himself as if he were physically overheating and you cracked a smile.

"Glad my voice is a source of entertainment and attraction to you Dyl."