BELOW THE SURFACE

Chapter 20: Below the Surface

The majority has selected option 4.

PATH CHOSEN

'Till Death Do Us Part: (Y/N) admitted to liking Nick.

1.39 | August 23rd - (Y/N)

Hackett's Quarry

"I, uh...Nick." You said, turning your head a little to the side to avoid eye contact. "It's Nick. It's been him and I all summer and we just...clicked. I mean, I love everyone else too of course but Nick's special. I really, really like him Laura."

Laura gave you an unsure look.

"Nick's the one who uh...turned, right?"

You nodded sullenly, looking down. You could still feel his blood splattering all over your body.

"That's really tough (Y/N) but I kinda get how you feel, with what happened to Max and all. Was he the one who bit you?"

"No. Another one bit me through the radio hut roof."

Laura sucked her teeth.

"Must've sucked having him turn in front of you."

"Yeah, understatement of the century."

Well we're one and the same now so it doesn't really matter. I give it less than an hour before I have the same fate. 

Laura put a hand on your shoulder. 

"We're gonna cure him (N/N), him and ourselves. I'm here for you if you need me."

"Thanks Laura."

Her werewolf scent had really intensified and you could just smell that she was close to turning. You were too, you could feel it in you. M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶e̶m̶b̶r̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶;̶ ̶e̶m̶b̶r̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶,̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶

Fucking werewolf curse

"Come on Laura, we don't have much time. I can feel it changing me with each second that passes. I'd rather kill Chris before I turn and rip Ryan to shreds or something."

"I wouldn't mind getting him out of the way."

She joked as she turned the corner.

"Laura!"

"Sorry!"

When you rejoined Ryan, he was frantically looking around for you.

"Hey, where the hell did you two go?"

"Nowhere, we've been here the whole time."

Laura replied nonchalantly as she continued on her way.

Oh okay, we're gaslighting now.

She crouched down a moment later in front of something and you looked over her shoulder as she picked it up. You got good look at it and your newly sharpened senses ddid the work for you.

Some sort of scarred flesh...Torn to shreds. M̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶-̶

Evidence Found

Scarred Flesh

"Do you think, actually, something is in here with us?"