INTRUDER HUNTING

Chapter 12: Intruder Hunting

The majority has selected option 2.

PATH CHOSEN

Home Invasion: (Y/N) and Kaitlyn went to check out the sounds.

22.32 | August 22nd - (Y/N)

Hackett's Quarry Lodge

You couldn't just let Kaitlyn go on her own to what could well be a lot of trouble while you waited here doing nothing. Despite being scared, you stood up.

"No way in hell you're going on your own. I'm coming with you."

Immediately; Nick pulled at your wrist, quite harshly you noted. You would've fallen down if Abi hadn't reached forward to steady you.

"No! Don't go, we don't know what's out there. It could be dangerous..."

Has Nick always been this strong? God...

"I can't let Kaitlyn go out there by herself."

You gently removed Nick's hand from around your wrist, which proved to be more difficult than you thought.

"(Y/N) I don't think that's a good idea." Kaitlyn started. "Something could happen to you."

"Or you, which is exactly why I'm coming."

"(Y/N)-"

 "We're wasting time and you need the help Kaitlyn so come on."

She sighed before nodding.

"Okay." She turned to the others. "Stay alert."

"Be careful."

Nick advised, clearly against the idea.

"You too. See ya in a few."

You and Kaitlyn walked side by side as you left the room as quietly as possible.

We might make noise as two people but there's safety in numbers. Definitely the better call. I just hope Nick and Abi will be fine on their own.

Nick's sudden outburst had caught you off guard but you chalked it up to anxiety. You had other problems to deal with now. 

You and Kaitlyn carefully treaded through the barely illuminated hallway. She reloaded the gun as you pulled out your knife and held it in a defensive position.

"Where did you get that?"

She mouthed.

"Firepit tent."

You replied. Neither of you said anything else, staying close by as you listened for sounds. Nothing, except for the barely audible sounds of you and Kaitlyn walking together.

The main hall was much the same, not a single thing out of place.

As expected. Those sounds came from upstairs.

You were halfway through the main hall, back to back with Kaitlyn as you slowly turned and checked all around you, when the footsteps started up from the top floor again. 

Oh fuck here we go

Your heart felt like it was going to beat out of your chest, though you pushed on. You glanced at the ravenette, who looked back at you and nodded, before both of you carefully went up the stairs. You timed your steps with hers as to make even less noise. The footsteps got louder and louder.

Just as you came up the stairs, you caught your first glimpse of your resident intruder. The same guy that had attacked you, that had left Jacob in the rope trap, that had dragged Nick through the bushes after getting mauled...He was now coming down in the corridor, a flashlight in hand. Your breath hitched in your throat and you swallowed thickly.