xv. softcore

Your POV

"Y/n, I'm heading out for work! I'll be out late but mom should be home before me!"

The routine of my sister hurriedly shouting her nightly goodbye speech came as no surprise. Though it really is weird that she works all damn night while still being a high school student. I don't know how she does that.

"Okay—" I feel a presence of people approaching the door and know immediately those are my friends. They ring the doorbell moments after.

"Y/n!"

"Comin!"

I stomp down the stairs as fast as humanly possible and skip right past Detroit.

The others on the other side of the door revealed Sabrina, Ariana, Reese and Dinah...No Camila?

I smiled at them all, "W-

"Hungry." Reese pushes past me and goes straight to my kitchen and makes himself at home in my fridge.

"Gee I sure hope there's snickers in there!" I shout over my shoulder. I turn to the rest of them "You're not you when you're hungry" They say in unison with me, in a low voice.

"Fuck you!" He mumbles, food already stuffed in his cheeks.

Detroit laughs at me and my friends before excusing herself to leave for work.

We all go to the kitchen and join Reec at the island where he has a spread of snacks already on the counter. "Well don't fill up on junk," I pick up a dorito and eat it "'Cause the catering order is gonna be here in less than an hour."

"What'd you get?" Ariana asks, taking a seat at one of the stools. I grab the one next to her.

"Italian." I smile contently. "I wanna get Indian next time we do one of these, though. Been craving it."

"Ouuu that would have been so fire bro why didn't you get it" Sabrina whines.

"You know, I'm not sure-" I stop talking and wait for the doorbell to ring.

Sabrina looks at me confused and Ariana does too; Reese is still nose deep in the snacks. The blonde still stares at me expectantly. "...You were saying?"

My shoulders go tight and I cringe at the sound of the doorbell. "One sec."

I see Sabrina shrug from my peripheral as I get up and go for the door again. This time it was Khalid, Alessia, Troye and Shawn. My friends have gotten carpooling down to perfection.

"Come in come in. I don't even know why you guys are being all formal and ringing my doorbell."

"Manners, babe. Manners." Troye smiles coyly as the other three laugh in agreement.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes with a laugh and close the door behind them. I watch them join the rest in the kitchen. "Hm....Where is my sexy best friend at?"

I should have expected all of them to sound off and claim that 'they were already here', because that's exactly what they did.

"I'm talking about the sexiest one, not you guys!"

A chorus of fake offended gasps were heard around the kitchen followed by my maniacal, untamed laughter. "Kidding!"

"Better be"

"Yeah yeah yeah..." I pull out my phone and call Normani immediately. She picks up just as fast.

"Hey-"

"Where you at?"

"We're parking right now. Did you miss me or something?"

I pull a face, "We as in...? Whom?"