vi. this could be us

Your POV

"You really want to go partying two weekends in a row, Mani? You know for an honors student, you sure don't act like one." I huffed out while we were on our way to the lunch table.

"Um yeah. Is there a problem with that? I always forget how you can be such a buzzkill when you're sober." She teased me with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah ok, asshole. You know I'm not the kind to turn down a good time but one of us has to be the reasonable friend. And I guess that's my job since you want to be Ms. Turn Up 24/7. I'm just making sure you actually want to do this. We both know you're not the best with hangovers." I finished while we inched closer to our table.

I sat down next to Normani who placed her stuff next to Khalid. On my right was Dinah who was sitting across from Camila. It had been a couple days since the two newcomers settled into our friend group, and they were settling quite nicely if I may add. They make a good addition to our circle. In fact, they were in the middle of a discussion with the rest of the table when me and Mani sat down.

"What's the deal with that party tomorrow anyways? It better be a good time. Haven't gotten the chance to test the parties around here. Miami better be the turn up spot." Dinah let out with a goofy smirk while Camila laughed at her.

"Oh believe me, Miami never disappoints. Although, I've never been to Chicago, so I can't compare our parties to yours." Khalid replied with his famous, relaxed smile spreading across his features. Such a happy guy. I've always wondered if he was always like that or if he was just high all the time.

"Oh Chi Town is crazy. Believe me. Right, Chancho?" Camila nodded in response.

"Oh definitely. Hella hot dudes, hella fine women, best kind of music, ass everywhere...Can't complain honestly. But we'll be sure to go to that party, I trust your guys' judgement." The Cuban added which earned a light round of laughter from around the table.

"Speaking of twerking, you haven't seen twerking until you've seen Mani do it. Right, Manibear?" I nudged her while a smirk was playing on my face.

"I mean." She took a pause to lay her hair over her shoulder in a flaunt like type of manner. Once again, laughs were heard from everyone eating.

"But don't be so modest over there y/nn. I've seen you throw it back quite a few times, it's really impressive. I remember that one time you damn near left that guy with heart problems after you were done dancing on him." She was giving me a proud, mother like pat on the back. And Shawn was enthusiastically nodding in agreement while everyone else was trying not to chuckle at my embarrassed state. "And don't even get me started on her lap dancing skills."

"Haha ok I think that's enough, Mani" I quickly cut her off which resulted in her, along with everyone else, snorting at my panicked, and irate if I may add, expression. "Anyways guys, how's the carpooling situation gonna go down since we're all going? I already know I'm driving Sabrina since it's pregame ritual."

"You bet your sweet twerking ass it is!" Sabrina chimed. I playfully glared and she shot her hands up in surrender.

"I'll take Mila, Dinah, and Troye." Normani said giving a goofy, heartwarming smile at the three who returned the same excited gesture.

"Alright I got my girls Ari and Alessia in my car." He turned to the two girls and bumped fists with them. "And I guess you can come too, Reece and Shawn." Khalid yawned. Reece and Shawn both pegged him on either arm and the boy attempted to rub the pain away.