v. chanel

Your POV

I was currently sitting in the school's library waiting for the detention to start. I think I came a bit early because there was no one else here yet.

It's not like I have anywhere else to be anyways so I might as well scroll through my social medias while I wait for Normani to get here.

I unlocked my phone and went searching through the depths of Twitter then soon after getting bored of it. I swiped up so that I could go onto Snapchat but my phone was snatched out of my hand by the one and onl y Miss Kordei.

"What cha lookin at? Ooooh Snapchat? You've got some unopened snaps from people! Should I open them? Actually, you know what, knowing you, maybe I shouldn't look at those. Don't wanna expose my clean eyes to that." The brat rambled.

"Um actually they're streaks!" I bit back in a playful manner.

"Really? How come I only see your streak emoji next to half of those unopened pics then? Who are the other people and what could they possibly want to show you, Y/N?"

I was about to reply when I noticed an unfamiliar student lowly snickering at me and Normani's interaction from her table in the corner. That's weird, I didn't notice her there a second ago and I've definitely never seen her around the halls. Then again, it is a large student body.

"Well- I-....how should I know what they want? I clearly haven't opened them so, therefore, I know just as much as you do about these unseen pictures." I rambled.

"Sure."

"You know what-" I stop my sentence as soon as I see a gloomy and irritated Lauren Jauregui sluggishly walk in the library.

She made her way over to our area where detention is being held and when her eyes met mine, her irate state visibly amplified. She looks like she's had a long, shitty day. Amazing.

"Well would you look at that. It's a Lauren Jauregui. To what do I owe this pleasant surprise?" I ask in a dramatic manner which made Normani struggle to stifle a laugh. The unknown girl in the corner table made no effort to hide the amused grin on her face. Lauren, on the other hand, was not amused in the slightest.

"Funny you should ask. But since you did, I'll let you know. I've been given a week of after school detention after some ugly, spud faced fucker pushed me into the now broken vending machine. I'm sure you can make an educated guess on who I'm talking about. But if you have a hard time guessing, I'd be happy to help you because I'm full aware of the fact that your brain has the attention span and capability of a goldfish." She finished with a flushed red face of annoyance.

"Damn. That was a lot. I deserved that, though." I said in truth.

"Yeah no shit, sweetheart."

At this point, Normani was in a fit of laughter and the unfamiliar girl in the corner was watching this whole interaction with wide eyes and a look that read that she was entertained by this. If her eyes didn't give away her utter amusement, her body language sure did. Sitting back in her chair with her arms folded comfortably across her stomach whilst her feet were crossed and resting on the table top.

Lauren settled three tables away from mine and Mani's. It didn't come as a shock to anyone in that library that she didn't want to sit next to me.

It's too bad she's a jerk, she looked mighty fine today in her white adidas shirt, teal-green bomber jacket, and black shorts that left her toned legs exposed.

She held a partially annoyed but mostly vacant facial expression while she was watching me undress her with my eyes. I shot her a faint sly grin and turned back to Normani.