5. It's a yes!

DEV's POV:

I quickly turned away from her to prevent her from seeing the moisture in my eyes. It seemed like these were the words I was dying to hear. For someone who didn't know me, these words felt like a storm of calmness in the turbulence of my heart.

"It's okay to cry, Dev. Free yourself from the shackles of emotional pain. It's okay to feel low and helpless and it's perfectly fine to ask for help. " Mithra whispered. Quickly composing myself, I turned around to face her, and again, she had a serene smile on her face.

God! She was beautiful. With messy hair, a tired face, and smiling lips, she still managed to look divine.

"Tell me about yourself." I said, pulling myself out of the improper thoughts.

"I have an overprotective older brother, an adorable bhabhi, two amazing best friends, a super cool dadi and the sweetest parents. That basically sums up Mithra." She said.

We were interrupted by the knocking of the terrace door. I went up and opened it.

"Would you guys mind joining us for dinner? It's almost 8. If not, you guys can continue, we shall not interrupt you guys." Avni teased.

"Thanks Avni, but I have to get going. My family is waiting for me." Mithra said with a laugh.

"Bye Dev." She turned to me and said. I smiled at her and muttered a small bye.

I smiled?

Woah. Woah. Woah.

Mithra!

Jeez woman. You have begun driving me crazy already?

I still wanted to talk to her. I wanted to spend time with her.

MITHRA's POV:

I officially liked Dev.

Deva.

The name sounded nice. Looks like this was worth the shot.

"So, you approve of Dev?" Avni asked.

I shook my head and smiled at her. "Who wouldn't?" I answered.

"Yayy! I knew it the moment he was giving you those dreamy eyes." She squealed.

"I do have such charm." I said, winking at her.

It was her turn to chuckle. "But, genuinely, Dev is a very nice guy. He is like a brother to me. Though he has been through a lot, he is a noble soul. So, you agree to this proposal right?" She asked. I could sense her concern for Dev. Dev was indeed a nice guy.

"I do like him. But, I would like our families to meet. Though my choice is their decision, I would still like to hear their approval. Also, Dev must be ready for this. It's not just my wish. Only if he is interested, can we proceed ahead. Let me know Dev's decision and then let's plan ahead." I replied. It was true. Until Dev was ready for this, a one sided agreement meant nothing.

"Beta, join us for dinner." Netra aunty said.

"Thank you aunty, but I need to leave now. I have other work to complete before I head home." I declined her offer.

"Acha beta, whatever is your decision on this, do let us know. Take your own time for it. " My Kaki said.

"Sure kaki, I'll let you know my reply for this." I answered.

"I'll take my leave from here now. Bye guys. Bye aunty. Bye uncle." I said turning to everyone. Avni came forward and hugged me.

"No matter if you like each other or not, I want us to be friends. I like you. If Dev, doesn't accept this proposal, he needs to know what he is missing." I chuckled at her words.