30. Conclusion

MITHRA's POV:

It's been more than 3 months since our return from our honeymoon, and Dev has been religious about going to the therapist. Some days are tough and some days cheerful. Some days are gloomy where Dev comes back lost deep in thought, while on some days he is so happy and joyful that his happiness is contagious. But in the concluding spectrum, he is more relaxed and confident. Dev's fully involved in improving himself and has been spending more time on focusing on his studies. He shall also be starting his internship and his own company soon. It's been close to more than a year and half for our marriage and here I am staring at my husband lost in his laptop, figuring out the new software and testing its features. He has a new surprise instore for him today. I just hope that he doesn't get shocked and retreat back into his shell.

"Dev," I called out. He hummed in response, still not looking at me. I got up from my place and went to him and took the laptop away from his lap and placed it on the bed before perching onto his lap. He glared at me before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close. I smiled cheekily before connecting our lips. Dev was shocked at first, but then relaxed and pulled me closer. His hands went to my waist, caressing the bare skin under my saree. Before this make out gets to the bed, I pull away. Dev frowned and tried kissing me but I stepped back and placed my palm over his lips.

"Listen to me," I started, "I have something in store for you this evening. Will you come?"

"Of course I will. Why are you asking me like this? Is everything okay?" He asked, caressing my cheek.

"Umm, yeah actually. I just wanted to tell you something." He nodded, urging me to go ahead. "We found your father Deva, he is living in an old age home in Pune. We have got him to our base in Mumbai. He is with us now. We have also spoken to him, but he still feels hesitant to get to know about you. For a few days, we have shown him your photos and videos right from your childhood, he is trying to get a hang of them. He recognises Aditi aunty readily and always has tears in his eyes, whenever we talk about Ma. I just think we don't need to keep you guys apart anymore. The father- son can bond and grow on from now on. It shall be better for all of us and you both especially." I stopped my hour long lecture and waited for him to react.

After a brief pause, he breathed out a sigh. Pulling me further into him, he spoke. "How is he? How long has he been there? Is he treated well? How old is he? Am I rambling?" He spoke in a hurry.

"Shh, calm down Deva. He is fine. He has been there for three years. After his retirement as a teacher, the committee thought it was best to put him under some guidance like a home, where he shall be taken care of well. He has been given attention and care, but it's too generic as the home demands. He is 65 yrs old now. He is fine. He is healthy too. We took him for a medical check up and apart from diabetes, he is perfectly alright." Hearing my words dev breathed a sigh. I hugged him and rubbed his back in an attempt to comfort him.

"Okay, Okay. he is fine. When can I see him?" He asked, his eyes gleaming with happiness and sorrow.

"Shall I bring him home?" I asked, trying to read his mind. He nodded fervently, and I tried my best to hide my smile.

"We shall bring him back to his home. Let him not stay away from us any longer." He said, softly kissing my forehead, making me relax into his warmth.

The evening came faster than we had expected and Dev had decided to take the head over his house. Cleaning, cooking, arranging things here and there, making the new room ready for Bauji, ordering comfortable accessories for him, he has fully gone overboard with everything. I just hope his dad takes him to task. Just kidding. This guy just makes me fall in love with him even more.

The bell rang indicating Bauji's presence and Dev decided that this was the perfect moment to freeze. I chuckled out loud which made him glare at me. I pulled his hands and walked towards the entrance where Bauji was walking toward us. As he stepped inside, Dev and I bent forward to take his blessings. Bauji caressed our hair and muttered a small prayer before lifting us up. He looked at Dev for a moment and I could see the gears turning in their minds.