19. The First Day

DEV's POV:

We headed to our bedroom to change into something lighter and comfortable. Mithra was sitting on the bed and her eyes met mine when I walked in. I opened my arms for a hug and she gladly walked into it.

"I missed you." She mumbled. I chuckled at her statement. We were not allowed to see each other from a day before our marriage and the entire morning was full of rituals and customs.

"I missed you too." I replied. She broke the hug and I cupped her cheeks. A faint blush rose to her cheeks and she averted her gaze from mine. I leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips which she responded with an equal emotion.

"I missed this too." I mumbled. She giggled before she wrapped her arms around my neck and played with the hair on the nape of my neck.

"I love you", she whispered before placing her lips on mine. I increased the passion of our kiss and kissed her fervently. I could feel her smiling into the kiss and that brought a smile onto mine.

"We need to get ready. Otherwise, we might get late for my pehli rasoi." Mithra said, pulling away. Her cheeks flushed and lips swollen. I mumbled a yes not able to take my eyes off her.

Looking at my intense gaze, she gave a playful punch on my shoulder, still avoiding my gaze.

"What do you want me to make?" She asked, as she handed me my clothes.

"Anything shall be fine. Just don't tire yourself" I said, helping her remove her wedding jewelry.

"Hmm" she mumbled as she organized the jewelry into their respective boxes.

Mithra got ready in the bedroom while I changed in the closet. She was dressed in a bottle green saree while I wore a green kurta and cream pants. I walked up to her and hugged her from behind pressing a kiss in the nape of her neck. She giggled as she turned around in my embrace, pecking my forehead.

"Let's go?" She asked, and I nodded wordlessly.

I and Mithra walked hand in hand down the stairs. Mithra went ahead to join the ladies in the kitchen while I joined Baba, mama and others in the living room. The next two hours passed in a jiffy. Filled with jokes on married lives to advice on treating wives right, from the nation's politics to business tactics we had covered everything.

The early dinner was ready by 7, as we all were seated in our lawn. Mithra was smart enough to ensure that we had a good seating arrangement for food. Soon the househelps came in and helped us with the food. A lavish meal of Roti, Malai Kofta, Kadai paneer, Jeera Rice, Dal Makhani, Papad and Coconut Barfi were laid out. We were all seated in a circle. A bigger plate was placed between me and Mithra.

"Bhai, you and Mithra are supposed to feed each other as a first meal for newlyweds." Anj said, with a teasing smile.

Mithra and I chuckled simultaneously and nodded our heads.

This was definitely not new.

"Start with the sweet guys." Rohan added. I took the piece of sweet on our plate and fed Mithra and she took the remaining piece of my hand feeding me. Everyone clapped and hooted while a blissful smile broke out on our face.

"So Dev, how do you like the sweet, your dear wife made?" Bhabhi asked.

"Another favorite in my personal delicacies." I replied, still looking at her. Mithra broke into a small laughter as she shook her head.

"Someone's madly in love." Hooted Neil and everyone joined his teasing. We continued to feed each other little bites in between and everyone began to dig into theirs. The dinner was happily prolonged with words of fun, love and joy.