22. Disturbed

Authors POV:

Within minutes, her car was parked in the club. Mithra entered the club and her aura was enough to make people step away from her. DJ and Prakash were following her.

"Search every room here. Talk to the manager and get me the footage of the past four hours." She said. She looked calm and composed, but her people knew that this was just the calm before the storm. She quickly knocked on the doors and her eyes quickly scanned the environment. Not finding Dev only escalated her worry. She tried to stay optimistic and hopeful.

Quickly opening her phone, she tried scanning for Dev's watch. They had each other's IDs configured in each other's phone for any emergencies and she just tried searching for him. Ringing his watch to check for any vibrations, she found it near the back door, its screen shattered by the fall. Dev's car was still there. She needed the CCTV footage now.

Quickly getting to the monitor room, her eyes peered looking for a person she had loved living with. Unfortunately, there were no cameras focusing on the backdoor. Trying her luck with the other cameras, she caught a sedan speeding. A hand on the passenger seat, moving absentmindedly as if in a trance to break free, caught her notice.

Pausing the video, and replaying it, she recognised the hand. The same hand that loved wrapping itself around her, providing a comforting warmth and a sense of security she never knew she craved. The same hand that loved holding her close, flushed to the body it belonged to express its love. It was Dev.

The vehicle number was not visible so was its details. A white sedan, mostly a Mercedes. Her team quickly scanned for the entry vehicles as well as the nearest check post was alerted. The car was quickly traced and three teams were sent to trace the exact location of the car. Mithra was already in one.

Fifty minutes of the dreaded time had finally ended, when the location was an abandoned house, far away from the city. Arjun had already arrived on the scene.

"No one shall come up. Call for two ambulances. Keep your eyes open. Stay guarded. Only I and Arjun shall go inside. Don't make any noise." She did not wait for any response as she clocked the safety of her gun, Arjun following her on her tracks.

Scanning each room silently, making sure not to leave any hint of their existence, they scanned the ground floor. Heading upstairs from the hall, to find them, they found Dev's coat lying on the steps. It seemed to be discarded in a haste. Arjun could sense danger. Mithra was still calm and stoic. It was not that she was not worried, but she knew how to keep herself composed to think and act rationally. One of the most powerful weapons she possessed along with self confidence.

The first bedroom they entered was empty. There were faint sounds heard from the room farther away. Arjun's face was filled with worry. He did not want his best friend's life to be tainted. He was silently praying to every god in the universe, every force in the world to not let another doom affect Mithra. She had enough from life.

Not anymore.

Not again.

Silently, stepping to the room, as the sounds got louder, Arjun gulped the lump forming in his throat. He was used to Mithra's stance, but he also knew how devastated she would become if something like that happened.

The door was slightly open, giving them enough edge to see what was happening inside. Dev was under the influence of drugs and he was trying hard to fight it. And there she was, the witch who had signed off her life in the hands of Mitra trying to get a taste of him. Dev was still trying to escape, but he was paralysed and his eyes droopy. Only faint chants of 'Mithra' resonated from his mouth.

Prerna was trying hard to strip him from his remaining clothes. She was already standing in a pair of lingerie, looking like a whore. Another 'Mithra' was heard from his mouth and Prerna lost her shit. She harshly grabbed Dev, by his cheek and pulled him towards her and spoke, "You are mine. Who the heck is Mithra? Why did you even get married without telling me? You knew I was interested in you. Tomorrow, our news shall be a viral sensation and your wife shall leave you. And we can be together. Now just be a good boy and cooperate." She harshly dropped her grip, causing Dev's face to fall back on the bed.