27. Honeymoon

AUTHOR's POV:

Dev had successfully taken on himself to plan, pack and execute their honeymoon. Though he knew Mithra well, he took Anj's help in finalizing her wardrobe for their trip. Except for Anj and Arjun, nobody knew the locations. Mithra was whisked off by their family to meet and spend some quality time. Their daughter had come back home after a long time and it was their responsibility to feed her well. Now that they were going away for sometime, they had get a dose of her for themselves too.

Ma, and bhabhi spent enough time giving her facials, massages and baths while the men were actively involved in cooking their ladies' phenomenal meals from time to time. Ma, Anj and bhabhi had gone shopping too, to spice up their honeymoon. Mithra had to shop for different outfits, ranging from dresses to cocktail wears, to a gown to a beach dress. Yeah, Mithra had declined wearing a bikini so, they had got her a beach dress and not to mention, lot of lingerie which Mithra tried her best to avoid.

From then, they had gone accessory shopping to buy her and themselves matching earrings, necklaces and bracelets. A couple of footwear and boots for the bride on the moon, to pair with her different outfits. Anj was handed all of these as she was the final person to make the call and pack her bags helping Dev.

Mithra had brought a Longines watch for Dev, that runs on Human pulse with their initials on it as a gift for him on their honeymoon. Anj had managed all the emergency medicines they may be needing on their trip in case of an emergency. Their papers were also ready for international travel.

Dev and Mithra had boarded their flight from Mumbai to Seychelles. It was a 4 hr flight to the land of Seychelles. It was Mithra's first time here and the weather of the beach and sand lifted their moods up. They had checked into the most luxurious hotel with the best suite and the best sea facing view. They had a private beach and a jacuzzi leading to the ocean. That day was spent indoors, getting accustomed to the climate and walking along the beaches.

DEV' POV:

The look on Mithra's face told that this trip was worth everything. She was at a peace I was never accustomed to. Her hair was cascaded down, loose and untamed, she was wearing shorts and a tank top. The sea breeze blowing tried to tame her in its own way, but looks like it would only listen to her, maybe mine too. As if seeing my gaze on her, she turned towards me and met my eyes. Her lips tilted to a smile making me reciprocate it and a faint blush coated her cheeks before she averted gaze from mine. I walked another two steps towards her, encasing her in my arms. We both let out a sigh of content and small fits of laughter left our throats. Placing a long kiss on the crown of her forehead, I cuddled her close to me, wrapping myself in her new minty scent. She leaned back onto my chest, as we were wrapped in a blanket of silence, with the waves crashing at a distance reminding us that we had a musical company.

We had drifted off to sleep someway in between and I found ourselves tangled in our bed, her hair all over the pillow and her rhythmic breathing tickling my bare chest. I gathered her hair, making sure not to wake her up, as she slightly stirred, before snuggling into my neck to sleep. Mithra and sleep were adorable together. I woke up from the bed before pulling up the comforter to her neck, the blinding sunlight preventing me from sleeping any further and went downstairs to make myself some coffee. I then called the room service for some breakfast, as I heard my wife's footsteps approaching me. 

"I missed you in bed." she said, her voice raspy. I turned around to look at her as she was just in my shirt. She tried to tame her hair into a bun, but it looked like it needed my attention too. Placing my cup on the kitchen counter, I walked towards her, hugging her and inhaling her scent before I drove my fingers in to her hair, moving it from her face and twisting it behind to keep it in place.