Bonus Chapter III

DEV's POV:

True to Ma's words, Mithra's baby shower was a grand event. Just like bhabhi's, it was a homey affair, filled with love, blessings and lots of food for the mommies. I and Mithra were dressed in our finest silks, as we sat down for the Pooja. It was then followed with lots of fun games and customs by everyone in the family.

**************

DEV's POV:

I was getting ready for my meeting with the finance department. Our business had picked up pace was now a 100 people company. The cash flows were stable so were our projects and deals.

Mithra was on the bed, with Leo on her lap enjoying belly rubs. She had a pout on her face as she looked at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, combing my hair.

"Don't go." She spoke slowly.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, taking a seat beside her, rubbing her belly. She shook her head in a negative way.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked her, placing a kiss on her forehead. She wrapped her arms around me and muttered 'stay'.

"Okay. Let me call my assistant for it. " I said and she reluctantly pulled away.

Finishing my call, we headed downstairs for our breakfast. Mithra was feeling uneasy so she decided to nap on the couch while I finished up my work.

"DEVVV!" I was by her side as soon as I heard her. Mithra was experiencing contractions since yesterday evening and since it was two babies now, she would easily get tired due to them. They were extremely painful and Mithra tried her best to mask it.

"Hey, are you okay? Should I get a warm bottle? Should we go to the hospital?" I rushed, feeling her pain as her face showed her pain.

"No, no. I am okay." She said, breathing heavily.

I didn't believe her but I let it slide.

"Come on. Let's take our nap. Do you want me to carry you?" I asked, placing my palm on the small of her back. She shook her head in a no, but I didn't listen as I carried her upstairs.

Placing her on the bed, she turned to her left as she breathed out a sigh. I sat down by her feet, placing them on my lap, pressing and massaging them to relieve the swelling.

Mithra woke up for lunch and then went back to bed complaining about back pain. I was occupied in the final drafts for the year end proposals. I was on a 3 month paternity leave after the birth of the twins.

I heard Mithra groaning and I rushed towards her side. Her face was full of pain as I tried to soothe her by rubbing her back.

"I wanna use the washroom." She said. I helped her sit up and get down from the bed. Before Mithra could take a step ahead, her water broke, leading both of us into a standstill moment before I reacted with a panic emotion.

"What should we do now? Hospital bag? Then? Do you need to eat something? DJ! Get the car? And what else? That also needs-"

"Dev! Ouch! Dev just calm down. Please, breathe." Mithra said, as she sat on the edge of the bed taking deep breaths.

"Yeah sorry." I took a deep breath. "Let's go to the hospital." She nodded as I carried her downstairs. DJ was already in the car and the househelp had brought the hospital bag to the car.

And for the first time in a long time I was feeling fucking helpless seeing her in pain. I could do nothing about it rather than comforting her and that sucks. Arjun was informed which meant that the entire family was informed. Quickly reaching the hospital, Mithra was wheeled inside where the doctors checked upon her.