5- Aaron

Aaron's P.O.V.

I just got back to New York. I've been helping Justin hideout a woman that got caught up with a drug lord in Mexico City until after his trial.

So I was enjoying my quiet time with my daughter, Sofia and her family.

"Grandpa. That's cheating." Noah, my eight year old grandson said.

I lifted my hands up and shrugged my shoulders. "What?" I chuckled. "Grandpa can't run that far anymore. So I skipped third... shoot me."

Noah lifted up his fingers, pretending to shoot me. "Pew, pew."

My hand went to my heart, "Ahhh, you got me!" and dramatically fell to the ground.

"Noah, if your mom saw you pretending to shoot anyone, she would flip a gasket." Derek, his father scolded.

"Sorry." Noah said laughing as he jumped on top of me. "Grandpa, you're so weird."

I started laughing. "I know. How about Grandpa just pitches to you and Nico, Zac and Beck chase you around now?"

"Okay."

He got off and ran over to get the bat. I got up and brushed off my pants.

"Come on old man. I know you can still run, you just skipped third so Noah didn't tag you out. Don't use the 'I'm old' excuse  you sore loser." Silas, my younger brother said.

"Fuck you, asshole."

"Dad!" Sofia scolded, as she brought out drinks for all of us. "Watch your language in front of Noah. You know how I feel about this. Come on boys, break time."

Oh thank God!

"Mom, it's okay. Tommy says way worse at school. One time he got in big trouble by Mrs. G because he said f-"

"Noah Aaron. I don't need to know what he said but stay away from the boy." Sofia threatened.

I rolled my eyes and went and sat down beside her.

"You okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I started laughing. "I might not be in my prime anymore but I still have enough energy to run circles around these assholes. Just not my grandson. I've been playing for an hour, that's good?"

I'm not sure why that sounded like a question.

"Very." She leaned in and kissed my cheek.

Later that night after dinner we sat around talking until Noah's bedtime. We had a matter to discuss.

Noah gave his Dad a hug and kiss. "I'll come give you a big kiss and tuck you in before I go to bed, buddy. I love you."

"I love you too, Daddy."

Sofia kissed Derek's cheek before taking Noah upstairs to bed.

Derek and Sofia took over the Mafia a few years back so I was in 'retirement' even though I work just as hard, if not harder than I did when I was the Boss.

I help Derek when needed and the cops when I am asked, but only certain ones and depending on the situation.

Derek waited until Sofia shut the door before he looked over at me, "Adrik Petrov is in town."

I was wondering what this meeting was about. He was a dirty man that ran girls in and out of Russia.

"Where is he?" I hissed. There was nothing I hated more was human trafficking. Sofia was a big reason why. No matter how hard I tried shutting it down, it was impossible because another one would just start up again. So I just kept trying, doing what I could with the power I had.

"He's going to be at Aces tomorrow night."

I nodded. "What's the plan?"

"I was wondering if you would like to join us." Derek continued. "Word on the street is he's making a deal tomorrow night, we're going to shut it down."

"I'll come. I'm going to enjoy taking that prick's money before we kill him."

******
Friday night. Silas and I walked into Aces, followed by the rest of the men and looked around.

"I'm going to go get a fucking drink. See you in a bit." Silas tapped me on my shoulder before walking off, eying a blonde, hungerly as she walked by him.

We all headed in different directions for the time being. I headed over to the poker table where I knew Adrik would eventually be. I took a seat next to a few of the other players and handed the dealer my ten grand.

"Can I get you anything to drink, Sir?" The waitress asked me.

"I'll have a double whiskey neat."

"Yes, Sir.

The waitress left and a few more players started showing up when my eyes spotted Adrik. I clenched my jaw as I saw him smiling at a waitress. His hand was running up and down her arm, making her shift uncomfortably. She nodded at whatever he said, forcing a smile before he started walking over to the table.

"Boys." He said in his thick, Russian accent. His eyes skimmed the table before finally locking with mine. "Aaron Hale... It's a pleasure."

The waitress put down my glass and walked away again. Looking over at one of my guys, he nodded letting me know the waitress didn't mess with my drink.

I lifted my glass towards Adrik with a smile, knowing I'd be killing him in the next few hours. "Pleasures all mine, Mr. Petrov."

I took a drink before looking away into the crowd as he continued talking with the others. The game was about to start when my eyes landed on the most beautiful brunette I had ever seen.

She looked around the club for a moment before walking over to the bar, leaning up against the side to get the bartender's attention. He walked over to her with a big smile, talking to her as she ordered her drink.

I motioned to one of my men.

"Sir?"

I whispered in his ear. "Do you see that brunette at the bar in the black dress?"

He nodded.

"Find out everything you can on that woman."

"Yes, Sir."

The bartender came back, sliding the drink over to her. She lifted it up to her lips and I swear I saw her eyes roll in the back of her head as if she just tasted the most delicious thing, ever. She put her money down but the bartender shook his head. Picking it back up he slid the money back in her hands as he held on for a moment and whispered something in her ear. Giving the guy another smile she turned and walked away.

That dress fit her perfectly, hugging every delicious curve on that woman's body. She was absolutely stunning and looked like she was on a mission, swaying her hips like she owned this damn place.

Fuck me!

Curiosity hit me even harder as she walked down the couple steps and over to our poker table.

"Is this seat already taken?" She asked the dealer.

"Ma'am? The buy-in is ten grand."

She smiled and handed the dealer the money. "Perfect."

Adrik pulled out the chair next to him with a smirk on his face, "Here, let me."

She smiled back at him, "Thank you."

She sat down, looking around the table quickly when her eyes locked with mine. She paused for a long moment, probably recognizing who I was before bringing her attention back to the dealer.

Let the games begin, beautiful.