8- A lead

Aaron's P.O.V.

I laid in bed, thinking about that brown eyed beauty. She lit something inside of me last night that I didn't know existed  anymore.

Ever since my wife's death, eighteen years ago, I went numb… My wife was my world and she was ripped away from me way too soon.

Then I kissed Thea and that seemed to change.

I groaned as I got out of bed, knowing nothing would ever happen between Thea and I. She was a Detective for fuck sakes who worked her ass off to put people like me away.

After my shower I went into the kitchen, started the coffee pot and sat down at the table, reading over Thea Woods file while the coffee brewed.

God she was beautiful.

"Hey." Silas said in a groggy voice as he walked into the kitchen.

"Fuck… you look like shit!" I said honestly.

"I feel like shit! Allergies are so bad right now."

He went over to the fridge and grabbed Sofia's frozen gel mask out of the freezer, some medicine from the counter, poured himself a cup of coffee and came over and sat down by me.

I stood up, "I'll get my own coffee, thanks though."

He flicked me off and popped the pills into his mouth.

I poured my cup and headed back over to the table to see Silas flipping through the papers on Thea.

"Damn!" He groaned.

I rolled my eyes as he studied her picture.

"Why did you have a full blown report drawn up on this chick?"

"She asked about Dale. I need to know her story."

He narrowed his eyes at me, before rolling them, "Mhmm." He scooted the folder back at me and leaned back, putting the mask on his face.

He wasn't stupid… or blind.

"Hey." Sofia said, coming into the kitchen with Derek and Noah. She started laughing and kissed Silas' cheek, "Uncle Si, did you drink too much last night?"

"Allergies."

She smiled and came over to me, "Morning, Dad."

"Hi sweetheart."

"Who's this?" She asked, picking up Thea's file.

"That's the chick that kicked your dad's ass in poker last night." Derek chuckled.

I turned towards him, "she got lucky."

Derek sat down next to Noah, giving him his cereal. "How did the meeting with her go last night?"

"Fine. She's just looking into Dale Coleman's death. Is everything all set with Adrik tonight?"

Derek nodded, confirming what I was hoping.

"Her whole family died when she was sixteen. That's terrible."

"It is." Silas sat up. "I have a feeling that's why she's so tough. She wasn't scared of your father at all. She had a pair of balls to walk straight up to him and tell him if he had anything to do with Coleman's death she'd take him down. Keep in mind we were in an alley, surrounded by me and a few others."

Sofia smiled as if she was impressed.

"Or she sees how sweet you all really are. Do you think Coleman said your name to help her with something?" Sofia asked.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. All the cases I helped him with have been years ago and fully taken care of but I have Trigg looking into it." I got up, I needed to talk to Thea again because this whole thing had me on edge.