34- Forever

Thea's P.O.V.

"Don't go to work today." Aaron said as I grabbed my keys.

I kissed Aaron. "I have to. Briggs called me this morning when you were in the shower, he said he and Gray needed to talk to me."

He nodded. "I think we need to talk about what happened."

"I really don't think that we need to talk about it anymore."

"We do."

I nodded. "I'll see you later." I kissed him before heading out the door with Beck, Nico and Zac.

Once I got to work, a few people stared. I still had a small bruise above my eye from one of the times I was thrown down that I thought I covered up pretty well with makeup this morning, obviously I was wrong.

I knocked on Gray's office door. Soon, the door opened and Briggs and Gray walked out.

"Come with us." Gray said, showing no emotion.

I looked at Briggs, puzzled. I imagine something else happened, wondering what it could be the whole way down to the vault.

Gray opened the door and motioned for us to go in.

"What happened?" I asked before Gray shut the vault door.

"What happened to your eye, Thea?" Gray asked.

I reached up, touching it. "I fell."

He started laughing. "Did you know that that's the number one excuse people say?"

"I suppose, but I'm not lying."

He sighed and gave me a half smile, "I know. I believe you. Where were you the last five days?"

"Am I in trouble for something?"

"Thea… where were you?"

I let out a breath, "London."

"London?"

"Yes."

They both exchanged a look.

"Jesus Christ, tell me what the hell is happening."

"The men that broke into your house and killed your family, they were murdered a couple days ago in prison."

I gave them a skeptical look. I wanted to tell them I wasn't sad about it, but something told me I better keep that to myself. "And?"

"There was a Thea Woods that checked into the prison that day, using your ID badge. A brown haired woman entered the prison and then left seven minutes before they were found."

"This might just be the detective in me but if I was going to kill them why would I be so careless. Not to mention after all this time."

"Do you have an alibi when you were in London?" Gray asked.

Well this was it. "Yes."

"Great. Who?"

"Aaron."

"Hale?" Gray asked.

I nodded. "Well, that would make sense, seeing as how they're protecting you… Right."

I looked down, "I'm also dating him."

I looked up, seeing they were still staring at me but stayed quiet. Probably wondering if they heard right.

"I know it's none of our business but is it serious?" Briggs questioned.

I nodded. That felt so freeing to admit to someone, especially to people that have treated me like family.

"That will be a conversation for another day." Gray said. "If anybody asks, you were with them because they're helping protect you until this Miguel stuff is over with. Alright?"