11- Tension

Thea's P.O.V.

Gray had warned the local police and put out a search for Miguel right away. Miguel was also put on the most wanted list and the FBI was raiding his place in Texas to see if they could find any other information that could lead us to his arrest.

There was nothing I could do right now so Matt and I were finally going out to the Cuban restaurant he's been wanting to take me to.

He helped me out of the car and we walked side by side into the restaurant together. Placing his hand on my lower back, we followed the waitress to our table.

After ordering he looked over at me. "I'm starving. A few of my coworkers ordered from this place for lunch one day and it smelled amazing. They said the food here is phenomenal."

"Just the smell alone as we walked up to this place had my stomach growling. It was hard to choose what to order because everything sounded so good. So, how have you been?"

"Good. I've been extremely busy with work of course. Speaking of work, I'm worried about you."

I started laughing, "Why?"

He gave me a dumbfounded look. "I'm worried because this case you're working on has gotten a little more dangerous. The FBI is now involved, not to mention you need to work with Derek and Aaron?"

"I'll be fine. I can handle both. This case though... It's a mess and I've spent way too much time trying to piece everything together to give up. We need to catch this guy before he hurts anyone else and I promised Isabella I would."

"You will. I just hope you don't get hurt in the process."

I know he was just being protective but I could handle myself.

The waitress brought over our food. We started eating and fell into a comfortable conversation like we always had.

After dinner, Matt drove me home, walked me up to my door and followed me inside.

"Would you like anything to drink?"

"Yes!" He said as he grabbed a hold of my hand. "But first... I've really missed you."

I started laughing as he pulled me into him. Our lips moved in sync with one another as we moved around the apartment towards my bedroom. He stopped suddenly, pinning me up against the wall and let out a groan as I rubbed against him. I was trying to enjoy this but something was wrong.

Thoughts of the kiss between Aaron and I were still fresh in my mind and it came flooding back to me, hitting me like a tsunami. I gasped as my lower region throbbed at the memory.

Aaron.

What I had once had with Matt now somehow didn't feel right. I actually felt like I cheated on Matt when Aaron kissed me, even though Matt and I had an understanding and weren't in a relationship, I still didn't feel right about this.

"Matt. Stop."

He looked at me, "Is everything alright?"

No! Why the hell was I still thinking about Aaron? A man I could never have an actual relationship with, let alone kiss again. All I knew was I couldn't sleep with Matt when I was thinking about Aaron.

"I'm suddenly not feeling well." I lied. What the hell is wrong with me?

He backed away, a concerned look on his face. "Is it from the food?"

"I'm not sure."

He grabbed my hand and walked me over to the couch. I sat down as he went into my kitchen and got me a glass of water.

"Thank you." I smiled at him as he sat down next to me before taking a drink.

"You okay?"

"I think so. I got light headed and dizzy for a moment. Is it okay if nothing happens tonight?"

"Yes, of course."

"I can pay you for dinner-"

He started laughing, "No. You know, I enjoy your company. I know our situation is weird but you're also my friend and I care about you, nothing needs to happen afterwards."

"Thank you, Matt."

He was such a good guy. Why I didn't see anything beyond a friendship was beyond me.

After a while he looked back over at me, "Are you sure you're feeling better?"

"I am, I promise." I took another sip of my water.

"Okay, well I'm going to go so you can get some rest. If you start getting sick or dizzy again, call me and I'll come back over."

"I will."

I walked him over to the door. "Goodbye, Matt."

"Bye." He leaned in and kissed my cheek before turning and walking down the hall.

I closed the door, locking it behind me. "What the hell is wrong with me?"

I shook my head and stripped down, throwing my dirty clothes in the hamper. I turned on the shower, waiting for the water to heat up before I stepped inside and closed my eyes, letting the water wash over my body.

Memory of Aaron's hazel eyes darkening as he pinned me up against the wall at the club, flashed before me.

"Shit!"

I rolled my neck, trying to relieve the tension built up but it wasn't working. My core ached and I mentally kicked myself for not sleeping with Matt.

It was the right thing to do though.

Rinsing the rest of the shampoo out of my hair, I ran my hands over my body, stopping at the center.

I hesitated for a moment before I slowly started massaging my clit, "Ohhhh." His strong hands pulled me into him. I entered a few fingers and continued massaging for a few minutes, until my body started to heat up, "Oh God."

The taste of his kiss, how he held me and kissed me back that night and how I could almost hear him saying, 'Come for me, Beautiful' as he whispered in my ear.

I moaned and picked up pace with my fingers as I had my release. "Mmmm..." I moaned.

I was breathing heavily as I leaned up against my shower wall, coming down from the high of what just happened. With a smile, I sat up and finished washing myself off before I turned the water off.

After blow drying my hair I got into a pair of my pajamas and got into bed. I laid there looking up towards the ceiling. "Yeah, there's something seriously wrong with me."

Was it the bad guy vibe Aaron had going because until I met him... that's never affected me before. Whatever it was it was, was now out of my system and I could hopefully move forward with this case.

My phone beeped. I groaned as I turned to reach for my phone... 10pm.

Aaron- Goodnight, Beautiful.

I shook my head, smiling as I typed back.

Me- Goodnight, Aaron.

****Do you think Thea got Aaron out of her system?*** 🥴