33- I can't lose you too

Thea's P.O.V.

My back was against Aaron's bare chest as we laid on the ground by the firepit after making love. We played with each other's fingers as I stared into the flames, completely relaxed and happy.

Yesterday we spent all day in town. We got up early, had breakfast at a cute cafe that served the best pancakes I've ever had. Then we walked around all morning, seeing different historical buildings and Buckingham Palace. We ate a late lunch and took a swan Pedalo boat on the water that brought us back to where we had parked for the day.

Today we slept in and went out later. We went to the Natural History museum and then went out for a romantic dinner together before settling back into the cottage.

I knew Aaron's men were around, following us like they always did but for the past few days I pretended they weren't there... that we were just a normal couple on vacation and it was amazing.

He kissed the side of my cheek, pulling me in closer.

"Who was the first person you ever killed?" I asked, breaking the silence.

He lifted his head, looking at me skeptically. "That's deep? Why do you want to know."

"I want to know everything about you, remember."

He sighed before kissing my cheek. "Some things are better not knowing."

"Please."

His eyes looked sad, probably contemplating if he should tell me or not, but then he did. "My grandfather."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

"I'm definitely not proud of it but... if I had to do it over again, I would."

"What happened?"

"Silas made a mistake. He didn't do like he was told. Our grandfather was an asshole, ruthless and someone you definitely didn't look sideways at. He beat Si so badly, my parents didn't think he would make it. My dad told me if I ever wanted to be king, I would know what to do."

I stared at him as he told me what happened. "Your dad never should have asked that of you."

"I agree but that's the way it was."

"Did you and your dad get along?"

"We did. My dad tried changing the ways of our world with little success and I kept it going. Still not perfect but it's definitely better than when my grandfather was leader. Anyway, enough about me."

"I think you're a good man, Aaron Hale." I ran my hand along his cheek.

"I'm definitely not."

"I think you are. I'm a detective... I know these things."

Aaron busted out laughing. "So... tell me something I don't know about you?"

"Like what?"

"Anything."

"I've never killed anybody."

"That doesn't surprise me. Tell me something I don't know."

I thought about it for a while, "During my first homicide case, I almost quit."

"Really? Why?"

I let out a breath. "I'll never forget it...well I'll never forget any of my cases but this one still haunts me. A ten year old girl went missing on her way home from school one day. That night, they found her body in an alley and I was called out." I shook my head at the memory. "It was one of the worst things I had ever seen. I'm not going to go into details but any possible thought you are having right now, probably happened to that poor girl."